Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday Thoughts and Rambles



Weather is a great metaphor for life — sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad, and there’s nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella or choose to dance in the rain! 
Terri Guillemets

Morning all.  It's a windy and rainy day here in Brooklyn, and I realize don't like going out in this kind of weather, but I also don't want to miss my Spanish class.  It is one of my favorites.  And then, since I am already out in it, I might as well stay for literature class as well...even though I don't like and couldn't get into the assigned book.

I will never forget the night hubby sang and danced in the rain for me.  It was early in our relationship, and we were heading out to a movie when the sky opened up.  I ran under and awning but hubby stood out there kicking his feet like Fred Astaire and while he belted out, "Singing in the Rain." A man not afraid to play in the rain. I knew then that we'd always be together.

My nutrition course is over and none too soon if you ask me. Yesterday was a joke. The topic was sugar and diabetes which is an important topic if one really knows what they are talking about, but our teacher left a lot to be desired. Someone asked her what the difference between sucrose and fructose was and all she said was they were different kinds of sugars. Granted, that's true, but someone who really knew would at least have said that one is natural and the other refined. Won't be seeing her when the new semester begins in February.

Been thinking about what I can do to keep me busy when this semester ends in December and I am thinking of trying out some chair yoga at the union and finding a free Spanish class. The library also has lots of stuff going on so while the ground is clear of snow and ice I will still be on the run. 

Last night's awesome dinner.  Swiss Steak.


Dip round steak in flour and season with salt and pepper. Pound until flattened. Diced tomatoes, peppers and onions, low sodium beef broth, garlic powder, marjoram, thyme, and bay leaf. Brown steak in oil and remove to plate. Saute peppers and onions. Add rest of ingredients plus a little water. Add steak and simmer until fork tender.

Have a good one.





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like not seeing that 'teacher' (and I am not sure she deserves the title) is a big plus.

    ReplyDelete