Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday Morning This and That



Delicious autumn!
My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth
seeking the successive autumns.

George Eliot 


Good morning, everyone, and a happy Monday.  No school today due to the holiday, but to me it is just another day. Have some reading to catch up on. Maybe I will get to some ironing. Or maybe I just lay around and rest.  I had a busy, busy weekend for sure.

On Friday I went to Tai Chi, and I am determined to squeeze time in during my busy week for practice.  I realize I cannot expect to learn it by only doing it one hour a week.  No, there are so many movements involved, it takes a lot more time. Not saying I am going to fail, but if I don't pick this up the way I want to by the time the course is finished in December, the union offers chair Yoga, and I might like to try that.  In fact, either way I think it is worth a try.

On Saturday I cooked four different meals to freeze and have on hand for my late days. I wrote an essay for my online course and caught up my reading for my literature class.  I started reading the next book, 'Villette' by Charlotte Bronte, but I am having a hard time getting into that one so I took a break and read a couple of Halloween short stories I keep on hand for this time of year. 

On Sunday I went to church and came home and practiced my Spanish.  I am trying to set up a schedule so that nothing gets left out.  

Let's see, what else is new?  Oh, you all remember my telling you about my goddaughter, the one who keeps falling into one bad relationship after another....and has a child in each.  Well, the last one she got involved with was a lazy good for nothing who took her for everything before she finally wised up and put him out.  And since that time she has finally taken my advice and stayed out of a relationship until she gets to know herself and why she keeps doing this.  

Well, just as the others he left her pregnant.  When she tried to get child support for her baby she discovered he owes child support for six babies already....almost $20,000 in debt for one child alone.  Don't know why there isn't a law to stop men like him.  They do garnish a man's salary, but this guy doesn't work so what can they do?  There should be jail time for something like this.  In my book, it's criminal.

Well, needless to say, there is not much that can be done to support his child.  And over the weekend she called me very upset.  She cannot have this baby natural and must check in for a Cesarean this week. (Her due date is next week).  Turns out the baby is over "12" pounds.  My question is, why wasn't this noticed sooner?

Well, that's about it for now. Have a good one.

4 comments:

  1. 12 pounds? My gawd, babies are big these days. That's twice the size I was when I was born. Best wishes and good luck to your goddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am a new reader but I have so much to catch up on! It sounds like you are back in college!
    I am learning Tai Chi, as well. My favorite exercise is Yoga but the Tai Chi works hand in hand with it. I watch a demonstration online and follow along. I need to get a good CD!
    Wishing you a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish that men like that 'gentleman' would have a vasectomy. Or could be made to have one.
    You have been v busy, and v productive. I too love autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on every account, you are very productive and you sound very organized too me already!!!I have never made a frozen meal, I am always too afraid it's going to be really bad when it thaws and rewards..Many wishes of health and strength for your goddaughter and her baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete