Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday Morning This and That




When you walk across the fields with your mind pure and holy, then from all the stones, and all growing things, and all animals, the sparks of their soul come out and cling to you, and then they are purified and become a holy fire in you.

Hasidic saying

Good morning everyone, and a happy Monday to all. Today it is going to be cool and sunny, my favorite type of Autumn day.  Had a busy Saturday, but Sunday was pretty restful.  Saturday has become my new cooking day so I spend the day in the kitchen preparing meals for the upcoming week.  On Sunday I was off to church, got caught in the rain, and afterwards back home for a restful afternoon.  

Saturday was also the day of Hallmark's annual Halloween showing of all "The Good Witch" movies, so you know where I was during breaks from cooking.  I love all of them.  Wasn't too keen on the series because it isn't the same without the hubby and some of the other characters, but I understand the hubby has a steady part elsewhere so they had to kill him off.  So is the way with television.

Speaking of Halloween, I am so excited that it is almost here, but ashamed to admit that, for someone who loves the holiday so much, I've done nothing in the way of planning for the day.  I haven't even planned my menu.  Time to get busy here.

As for homework this weekend I have a short story by Edith Wharton to read. Should be enjoyable. I love everything that she writes. Gave up on "Villette". Just couldn't get into it much as I tried. One class ended and a new one is beginning, "Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Anderson". Aside from the writing assignments it should be fun. We are assigned fairy tales to read and then given questions to analyze and interpret what we read. It's a good weekend to get started on my assigned tales.

My easy homemade Puerto Rican marinate for chicken. Lime juice, olive oil Spanish oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. A little goes a long way. And here is the finished product. Melt in your mouth good.

I  did a lot better in Tai Chi on Friday, and I discovered what the 'real' problem is. The real reason I cannot seem to get it. It's too hot in that gym. In fact, the entire school, every building, is too hot. Tai Chi has a lot to do with the mind and when all you can think of is how miserable you feel, how is one expected to learn. Really mean it that I am going to practice at home this week.

Hope you all have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. I watched the first Good Witch movie but I've never seen the others or the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume that hot yoga isn't for you then?
    Mind you, I agree. Hot buildings (and weather) make me miserable. And a tad grumpy.

    ReplyDelete