Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Share a Smile Today

Smiles are contagious. . . . Watch how quickly someone responds to you
when you are smiling at them.  We are all spiritually unified in a joyous universe.

Norma Hawkins


Good morning everyone.  Looks to be another nice day out there.  Sunshine and comfortable temperatures. Lunch on the bench seems quite appealing today.  Have to take advantage while I can.  One day soon I hope to get back to my favorite park.  Leaves must be looking mighty pretty by now.

I love the class I had yesterday.  The course is basically about the mind/body connection and constructive ways to deal with anger, fear and sadness. She calls it  PEP (Positive Energy Power).  And the teacher is great.  The author of 8 books, she's survived several types of cancer, and she is always assigning us to do  silly things like handing out smiley face buttons and bookmarks just to keep life lighthearted.  Last night I found myself singing "Happy Birthday" whenever I washed my hands.  I do love this assignment, though.  "Smile every time you look in the mirror.  You'll be sure to get a smile back."

 A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.

Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Smiles lighten everyone's mood, no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only are they contagious they apparently use less muscles than a frown. Perfect exercise for lazy people...

    ReplyDelete