Friday, April 19, 2013

TGIF

Year by year the complexities of this spinning world grow
more bewildering and so each year we need all the more
to seek peace and comfort in the joyful simplicities.

Woman's Home Companion (1935)

Oh my, is Friday really here?  This isn't a dream, is it?  I say that because on Thursday morning I woke from a wonderful dream about shopping, thinking the weekend had begun, only to realize during my morning coffee that it was, indeed, only Thursday, and I had two days of work to go.  What a drag?

I've not much planned this weekend, but have been thinking about taking my birthday money and doing some shopping for myself.  We all need to treat ourselves once in awhile.  In the past, there was no way I would have  held onto this money for two months like like this, but by my birthday, I had already made my decision to retire, so I knew  I wouldn't be needing work clothes anymore. So, I decided to save my for retirement clothes.  Believe it or not, I don't have one pair of shorts to my name.  I had no need for them. I hate to admit it but weekends were spent in my jammies

This should be my last shopping spree for the foreseeable future, and I plan to make the best of it.  It's been a long time since I have done something nice for myself.  And we all need to treat ourselves once in awhile.  It does a world of good for us to do something that gives us joy.  I've many things planned for my retirement years, but for now, I will just have to settle for my dreams.  Oh what a pleasure it will be to get up in the morning and pull on a pair of shorts and a top and head on out to the park...and not to have to call in.  
Speaking of the 'sweatshop', it's time to get ready to go. We were all  talking about it the other day and decided that is what our job has become...a sweatshop. We make less money for more more work, and when the new regs come out in July, changes will be on the way.  And changes only mean one thing...more work.

But it is time now to forget about what happened within the week. The weekend signals a fresh new start. Happy Saturday and Sunday to you and your family!  See you on Monday.

It’s simple things, like a glowing sunset, the sound of a running stream
or the fresh smell in a meadow that cause us to pause and marvel
at the wonder of life, to contemplate its meaning and significance.
Who can hold an autumn leaf in their hand, or sift the warm white sand
on the beach, and not wonder at the Creator of it all?

Wendy Moore

8 comments:

  1. Oh, a free summer!! What fun! Can't wait to vicariously experience your retirement with you! I have a glorious three day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping! I love new clothes. Today i am wearing a new minie mouse t shirt that i bought for only 5 € and it already made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Weekend to you Mary...enjoy your time shopping. :)
    Namaste`
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect post for the
    upcoming Earth Day Mary.

    Yes we all need to get out
    of our homes and enjoy nature
    to its fullest.

    Forgetting our problems is
    easy to do when we are at
    the park or the shore of
    the lake or even at the
    edge of the river bank.

    hugs and blessings
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect post for the
    upcoming Earth Day Mary.

    Yes we all need to get out
    of our homes and enjoy nature
    to its fullest.

    Forgetting our problems is
    easy to do when we are at
    the park or the shore of
    the lake or even at the
    edge of the river bank.

    hugs and blessings
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree wholeheartedly that we need to treat ourselves now and then in large or small ways and what a fun way for you to treat yourself. I don't have any shorts so your post is a good reminder that I need to indulge in buying a pair of shorts for myself. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy shopping! May your weekend be filled with slowing of time and good, happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete