Sunday, April 28, 2024

Checking In

 Not much happening here.  Still attending the center, but cut it down to 3 times per week rather than every day.  We're all feeling the stress.  Us oldtimers there.  Those of us who attended the old center and remember what it used to be.  With the weather warming up I figure I'll spend my days off at the park.  I'll pack a lunch and bring my Kindle and relax on a bench.  No noise, no stress.  Just peace of mind.

Owl's Head Park, by the way, once was in the family.  It was owned my my 10th great grandfather, Teunis Van Pelt, was the first European to own the land.  He sold part of his land in 1680.  I always get a case of the shivers when I go there knowing that a long time ago my ancesters lived on and worked on this land.   I feel as if they are still there. 

At any rate, the land is gorgeous.  





Well, my daughter has let it be known that I am now out of her life.  My one granddaughter, too.  They both unfriended me and my son on Facebook.  It has broken my heart, but I am taking it one day at a time.  I don't understand where all this animosity towards us came from.  I can only think it has something to do with this idiot Elvis impersonator that she married.  I saw how controlling he was at their wedding.  She is a grown woman though, 52 years old, and can make up her own mind.  

Before marrying him, we were all so close.  We celebrated birthdays and holidays together.  We spoke or texted each other all the time.  My son surprised her for her birthday with tickets to a  New Kids on the Block concert and then took her backstage to meet Donnie.  Heck, he officiated their wedding. Married them.  And then everything changed.  She stopped talking to us, stopped with birthdays, holidays.  All communication ended.  I'd try.  She would respond and ask how I was, but as soon as I mentioned that I wished we had more contact, she shied away.  

Yes, it breaks my heart.  I'm 77 years old and don't know how many years I have left.  It makes me wonder if I will ever see my daughter again.  

Enough of crying the blues, though.  We have to go on.  And I have my son and hubby who are always there for me.  I have friends, good friends, who care about me and are always there for me.  I am respected at the center.  I am blessed and grateful.  All I can hope is that one day she will change her mind.  Until then, I continue living my life.

Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. That's so sad about your daughter and grand-daughter. Yes, controlling/abusive people often force or manipulate others to cut off contact with friends/family in order to isolate them.

    It's special that you have such a family connection to Owl's Head Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about the disconnection in your family. I wonder whether it is part of her husband's need to control her - and hope that she comes back to you.
    That park looks like a lovely place to spend time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The park looks so lovely, a nice place to spend some quiet time.

    Sorry to read about your daughter and grand-daughter, I do so hope they both get in touch with you again.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete