Thursday, January 13, 2022

Please Accept my Apology

 Hi, it's me.  So sorry to have disappeared for so long.  Life just got in the way.  So many things have happened since I was last here.  To begin with, hubby and I are just getting over Covid.  For two years we managed to avoid it, but Omicron caught up with us.  Fortunately, I was just boosted in late November and had a fairly mild case....although Saturday into Sunday was a nightmare...but that seemed to be my peak and each day I've felt better and better.  Hope everyone is doing well as this nightmare continues. 

Last I spoke to you we were getting ready to bury my son.  It was a lovely outdoor service because indoor services were not allowed at the time.  There was only a few of us in attendance due to Covid restrictions, and my son streamed the service for those who could not attend.  


This photo of my son at the grave brings tears to my eyes.  

In June my daughter married an Elvis impersonator she met on some Christian website.  


My son who is ordained married them.

She has become very distant since then along with the rest of the family.  She hasn't called me in over two years and only checked on me twice via Facebook during my battle with Covid.  My grandchildren never even acknowledged that I was sick.  I've been very depressed over the whole thing.  I don't know if you remember how happy and excited I was when we connected with each other again.  I was so looking forward to my second chance, but it seems that they never really meant anything they had said.  I've decided that this year I'm going to move on and they can move on with their lives as they choose.  I can't allow them to hurt me anymore.  

The center offered online zoom classes throughout the year and I found myself busier than I was when it was open.  It  re-opened in September 2021 and up until my Covid bout I have been one of their regulars.  I now teach Jewelry making and run an adult coloring group.  More on this at another time.

This is me now.  I keep my hair very short...wash and wear....and no longer color aside from a silver shampoo.  I've put on a great deal of weight and am now struggling to lose it.  I did re-join Weight Watchers but became very frustrated when I had to pay full price for zoom meetings, plus they keep changing their plans rather than leave well enough alone.

Well, that's about it for now.   I just touched on things here.  More in-depth stuff to come.  I may not post every day, but I will do my best to get a couple days a week in.  

Again I am so sorry if I worried any of you.  


13 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to see you back again.
    It sounds like your time away has been difficult (to put it mildly). I do hope that your omicron disappears quickly and completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled to see that you are still here. I've really missed everyone, just couldn't bring myself to write.

      Delete
  2. So nice that you've returned to the Blogosphere, Mary! Sorry to hear your daughter has become distant with you since marriage. Is it possible that her new husband is the controlling type who is limiting her contact with family and friends? That's one of the warning signs of spousal abuse, as I'm sure you know. Or it may indeed just be that she is neglectful of you for reasons of her own. Either way, you are wise to get on with living your life and making it as full and rich as possible. Glad to hear you're still involved with the Centre -- now on Zoom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have seen his controlling of her, but I don't think he is abusive. He just knows how to push her buttons with compliments.

      Delete
  3. I am just so pleased to see this post from you :)

    Sending my good wishes and hoping that you fully recover from Omicron soon.
    Make 2022 the year to get on with life and enjoy it as much as you can.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to be back and will definitely be checking out your blog. I've quite a bit of weight to take off and your blog was always so helpful to me.

      Delete
  4. Happy to see you back! Life takes over sometime! Glad you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good to hear from you again. Hopefully 2022 will move forward in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry you have had such pain, sorrow and disappointment in your life. Try to make 2022 the year for YOU. Sometimes we can't look back without such pain that it is almost unbearable. I am praying for a bright future year for you. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. So relieved to see you here again - I almost didn't believe it when I checked this morning! I have missed your good spirit and am glad you are recuperating and resolving to make 2022 as good a year as it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are back! Hoping this year goes better for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mary it's so good to see you again! I'm so happy to see you blogging again. I've truly missed you.
    I'm sorry to hear about things with your daughter, and the passing of your son.
    Wishing 2022 is a better year for you and a healthy one.

    ReplyDelete