Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning everyone.  No plans again today.  Gosh, I hate having no place to go.  Thinking about looking into Brooklyn College again in the fall.  Not sure when I'll be able to get back to my dancing and qigong and not into any of the classes the center offers on Tuesdays, so that might be worth a look.  Trouble is, lately there have been no classes I am interested in. 

Made myself a little healthy dish yesterday.  Got the recipe from my anti-inflammatory cookbook and added a few things to make it mine.
My chicken, pepper, and onion stir fry. Used Harissa seasoning and added a few vegetables.

So looking forward to spring.  It seems I am always looking forward to a new season.  Why can't I be happy with the one I got?  Truth is, only season I don't like...and it's not all of it...is late summer when it's so hot and humid that you can't breathe.  Then I find myself look forward to Autumn.  In late Autumn I find myself looking forward to Yule and Christmas, and then in February I always feel down in the dumps as I await the coming of spring.  
So I have already started getting ready for it.  Put my seasonal order into Bath and Body Works.  They all smell so yummy.  I can't wait to use them.  Not long now.  

Still having trouble getting UPS to pick up this package to send back to Amazon.  It makes me so angry when the driver doesn't even attempt pick up then puts the blame on you.  "Package wasn't ready" they say.  Meanwhile, it sits here all wrapped and ready to go.  Just get out of your truck and ring my bell.  It's your job. You're getting paid.    I've already called twice and emailed a complaint.  Don't know what else to do.  Going to contact Amazon again today.  I know they can't do much except ask for the pickup. but at least I can tell them that it wasn't my fault.  I was ready.

Oh, just realized, maybe I hadn't told you guys about it.  I'd ordered a bottle of vitamin C from Amazon for hubby.  USPS came and just slammed it down at my door and then ran out before I could catch them.  Probably heard the bottle break.  I blame Amazon for sending a glass bottle in a plastic bag and USPS for faulty delivery, but Amazon is sending UPS to pick it up.  They already sent a replacement.

Have a good one.






13 comments:

  1. Although numerically short in days, February is the looooooooongest month to endure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the longest. So gray and dreary. Sets my mood.

      Delete
  2. February is never ending...I’m ready for spring and it just seems to never come!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suffer from SADD in February. Every year. Going to try to beat it this year.

      Delete
  3. Looks as if we both were thinking along the same thought line today Mary :)
    February sure is hard on people for such a short month!
    Hope you get your package picked up soon.
    You sure do eat healthy...good for you Mary 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to eat healthy. Of course, I have slips, lots of them, but basically I'm all fruits, veggies, and lean meats.

      Delete
  4. My mom lives in Montana and she gets very antsy during this month and march. Normally she flies in to Dallas at end of February to get a break from cabin fever but my niece is graduating from high school in May so mom isn't coming until April. I love winter so I really try not to complain at all when its cold. I don't stop complaining when it gets so stupid hot here in texas that its miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really mind the winter. It's just something about February that is so gloomy. March is much the same, but it's my birthday month so I start it out with something to look forward to.

      Delete
  5. Do hope your package is picked up soon.
    I do like the look and sound of your chicken, pepper, and onion stir fry, with those few extra vegetables.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best to eat healthy. Funny thing is, I never liked peppers until I joined WW and looked for ways to make healthy food interesting.

      Delete
  6. That is crazy to have that much trouble with UPS. We are lucky and have good, friendly drivers here that are courteous. I am sorry you have had so many problems.

    I did not realize there was an anti-inflammatory cookbook. I need to look for that. Does it help? I am on prednisone and anti-inflammatory meds for inflammation that moves around my body.

    Have a great night~ Oh- Do you have a first name I can use? I would love to be to call you something besides mx. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first name is Mary. They have many anti-inflammatory cookbooks on Amazon. I think they do help. I've not needed to go on prescription medication up to this point. I get very few deliveries from UPS and this my first pick up. Usually UPS drops packages at the local post office and they deliver them. Have a lot of problems with them as well.

      Delete
  7. Your food always looks so good! I love all the scents you are getting ready for Spring! Beautiful! I don't blame you for being upset with UPS and Amazon! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete