Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning.  It's still quiet here.  Fortunately, they have not yet gotten back to work.  You know, I really wouldn't mind them building a 4 or 5 story building. We had a three story house next door before they tore it down.  It allowed us to get sunlight, blocked the cold winter winds, and kept the street noises down to a minimum, but they are planning to build 8 stories.  Not good.

This is what it was like when the house was there.  It did left enough open space to allow the sunlight to hit our windows.  What they are planning to build now is going to be taller than the building you see in the distance which is six stories.  It was also fun because all three floors always decorated for the season.  

Yesterday we had our Wellness Class.  The topic was foods from different ethnic groups.  It's difficult because there is one person who wants to monopolize the group to talk about herself and her issues.  For example, at one point she started talking about her doctor and how all he does is sit behind his computer.  Well, we have heard this one before--several times.  So me and my friend, Marie, have begun steering the group back to topic.  Shame the facilitator doesn't do it, but right now an intern is running the group.  I understand that she is new to this, and it will take time.

Heck, I remember the first time they told me to run a group.  I was so nervous.  Didn't know what to talk about or how to gently bring the group back to topic.  It can be a touchy situation because you don't want to hurt feelings of the person who is talking, but you also want the others to feel included as well.  Took me awhile to learn how and feel comfortable with it.  

Been feeling a bit under the weather these past few days.  My IBS-D which has been under control has been acting up.  Guess that's all the stress of the past week.  My granddaughter is doing better, but she is not out of the woods yet.  It seems that the 
vessels in her brain never fully finished forming like they should and her body compensated for it, but when her BP meds stopped working it caused a bleed.  She has 2 doctor appointments this week, 2 next week, and has an appointment see the director of neurosurgeons in NY Presbyterian on Christmas Eve.  Hoping he gives us the best Christmas present ever.


My beautiful granddaughter and three of my great grands.  Please keep her in your prayers.

Have a good one.










17 comments:

  1. Yes, every group needs a good facilitator to run it with a gentle but firm hand. When a group doesn't have one, things go right off the rails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you lose the focus of a group, members stop paying attention. I know I do. I started scanning the book shelf for a good read.

      Delete
  2. Just looking at all those beautiful, smiling faces made me smile, too. She and you and your family are in my prayers each day.

    It would be great if a change of plans on the building next door is what caused the stop work order. A smaller building makes more sense. Life needs room to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot again...you made a fantastic witch! I mean this in a good way of course ;) 🍁🎃👻🍂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facilitators can make or break a group. I hope your intern learns from the example you are setting.
    I will certainly hold you and your family in my thoughts and hope that you get very good news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for your granddaughter to be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. She is feeling depressed now.

      Delete
  6. I love different ethnic foods.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do too. I am always cooking something different.

      Delete
  7. I will definitely be keeping your granddaughter in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really hard when a group facilitator isn't doing the job. The whole group can/will suffer. Good job, keeping things on track. Still sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the group very boring. Thanks for the positive thoughts.

      Delete
  9. That's such a lovely photograph of your grand-daughter and the children, I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

    Also my good wishes to you, it's not easy when we have concerns about our loved ones.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a beautiful person. Devoted to helping others.

      Delete