Friday, October 18, 2019

Friday Roundup

Happy Friday everyone.  It came pretty quick because Monday was a holiday.  The center was closed, and I made it a quiet day at home.


Had a nice time on Tuesday.  In the morning I socialized and worked on my dot to dot book, then in the afternoon we had the art club. I painted an ocean scene. Not one of my better works, but I've become a bit rusty...and I was never that good to begin with.  It's been several years since I last picked up a brush.


It's getting pretty deep next door. I've been lying in bed trying to figure out how they are going to do this. How are they going to squeeze an 8 story building into such a small space, and what of the scaffolding? Am I going to be totally blocked and lose all my privacy? And how are they going to put up scaffolding on the other side? What if my building owners refused to let them set up on our property? What if? Wishful thinking. 

I sent a scathing message to our community board.  Also sent a few pictures. Told them they were worthless...and sarcastically thanked them for their help. And guess what? Finally heard from them. Now they say they want to look into it. A little late for that, isn't it? They've already got their approval and started work. Not much can be done now. I think they were just trying to pacify me. 

Yesterday in cooking class we made healthy homemade pizza.  I topped mine with spinach and broccoli.  Unfortunately, they left it in the oven too long and the veggies got dark and crispy....but it still tastes darn good.

Have a wonderful weekend.

15 comments:

  1. Your painting is lovely...please do not think otherwise.
    It is calming and peaceful with the soft colors of the shore and water.
    I feel so sorry for you and the other tenants of your building. You have done all that is in your power to bring this to the attention of those who might have been of some help 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just have to resign myself to what will come.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you wrote that letter even if you don’t think it will not do any good. Getting a reply meant that they were not dismissing your concerns. Maybe there is some hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just have to get it off your chest and let people know that it's not okay.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was the burnt broccoli that tasted nasty, but I picked it off and it was delicious.

      Delete
  4. I am impressed at your painting.
    Sadly I think you are right and the board is pacifying you - after the horse has bolted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary...how can you say you've never been that good at painting...just look at those waves...they look so real!!
    I do so hope that receiving that reply means that they understand what you are saying and will take your concerns seriously.
    The conditions you are having to endure really are unacceptable.
    I wish you the very best of luck.:))

    Big Hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awful about that building going up so close to you. I hope they don't take away all of your privacy. I love that you are painting again. I have not painted in years either- it takes a while to get back into the ease of painting again. I think your picture looks great- I have never been good at ocean painting. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a nightmare here. Fortunately they haven't been working on weekends.

      Delete
  7. I think your painting looks very good, love the waves.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy painting, but gave up because no room here in my apartment. It's fun to be back at it.

      Delete