Friday, October 4, 2019

Friday Roundup

Good morning.  It's crisp and cool here.  Great fall weather.  Yesterday was a washout.  Cold and wet.  Almost stayed home, but it was Thursday and there was a class on Healthy Living I wanted to take.  Plus it's the second week of practice.  

Got our new calendar for the month, and I am NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.  Waiting for the girl who makes the schedule to come back from her vacation.  She has scheduled 3 weeks of Tea and Tech and 3 weeks of Smart Phones.  The third Tuesday is the monthly party.   No painting class.  Now Tea and Tech has been held only on Friday, and only 3 people have attended.  They sip tea and watch a video that has something to do with technology.  So exciting.  (Sarcasm).  And Smart Phones?  That went on Friday afternoon for several months.  The girl who taught it used to come to our jewelry class and ask if we would attend....because no one ever went. 

If you ask me, the girl who makes up the schedule took the easy way out.  There is absolutely no reason why those classes and art class could go on at the same time.  It's not as if we have a teacher.  What is she afraid of?  That no one will attend those stupid classes if they had a choice to paint? 

But, I spoke up yesterday, and things are better than I expected now.  We will be having two art classes this month.  Plus, after the Thursday health lecture, we will go to the kitchen area for a cooking class.  Awesome.  Just what I wanted.  But.......I had to drop out of the show.  No biggie.  Just don't want them mad at me.  I only had a couple lines in the chorus, but she had asked me to help her with the CD's.  Going to call her tonight and apologize.  

My computer instructor sent a few pics she took at the party.





As far as next door goes, it's been a rough week.  The noise has been unbearable, but after the police came, they stopped using that machine that caused our building to vibrate.  I wrote two letters--one to the building department and the other to our Community Board asking the question 'why'.  Why weren't we given an opportunity to express our opinions like other Community Boards do?  Why was this just sprung on us?  Why is it okay to take away the quality of life for 8 families?  Why is it okay to tear down housing when there is a shortage and build a community service center that serves only one ethnic group?  Why is it okay to make a 90 year old woman cry with fear?  Or a woman dealing with a serious medical issue have to deal with stress as well?  Why, why, why?   

Today is exercise in the morning, but I think instead of jewelry class I'll head to the bank to deposit some money hubby gave me.  I can work on jewelry at home.  

Have a wonderful weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sometimes you just have to get it off your chest even though you know you wil get no response.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get answers (not platitudes) to all your 'why' questions. Answers that result in some positive action. The noise and dust would be bad enough but the building shaking has got to be just dangerous, physically as well as mentally. Cool and crisp. What wonderful words. Could you send some down to TX please - we really need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I will receive any answers. Money talks and I don't have any. Sad, but true.

      Delete
  3. Yes, well done for speaking up...sometimes we can no longer stay silent, especially when things have become unbearable. Gosh, wish I had a little of your courage!

    Have a great weekend!

    Hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to let it out or it would drive me crazy. I wanted them to know this was not okay.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry that your week has been filled with these aggravations. And impressed that you speak out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish I could move, but the housing is not out there.

      Delete
  5. Well done on speaking up, I hope you do get some answers.
    May your weekend be a good one.

    All the best Jan

    PS Should Jan/JFM be looking at your blog today, I'd just like to say a warm hello ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I have not heard from Jan, and from what I see she left Blogger. Do hope she returns. I love her blogs.

    ReplyDelete