Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning.  Happy day after the holiday be it Thanksgiving or Columbus Day.  Wish I could say I had a quiet day, but it wasn't meant to be.  The worked next door yesterday.  I was hoping they would respect the holiday, but they were out there bright and early and worked all day.  

Yesterday the super was out in the courtyard talking to the boss from next door. I saw the super pointing and heard him say, "I have to see the house". Had no idea what that meant and later it hit me....Scaffolding. I'm going to lose my sunlight a lot sooner than I thought I would. 

As for me, I didn't do much of anything yesterday.  Rinsed out a few things and hung them out, cleaned out my bag for the center.  I was going to say cleaned it out for work.  Old habits die hard.  Actually, I do feel as if I am going to work in the morning.  I am up early and out the door by 8 am most of the time.  It seems the later I sit home, the more I want to stay home, so I make sure to get on the road before the doldrums set in.  

Has anyone tried the new Blogger?  It keeps asking me to try it, but I'm afraid if I get there and don't like it, I won't be able to get back to the old Blogger. 


My newest addiction.  Adult connect the dots.  This one has over 1500 dots, a bit harder than I expected when I ordered it, but I'll do it.  These books are good for concentration and patience.

Have a wonderful day.


19 comments:

  1. I did not know there was a new Blogger. Like you, I won’t change out of fear that I will lose everything.

    Good idea to get yourself going early. When I have to start out early, my day is more productive and I have a more satisfying experience. Keeping the doldrums away, especially in the winter, can be a full time job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told hubby yesterday that when I stay home all I want to do is sleep. Have to keep myself busy.

      Delete
  2. Like you, I also am up and out early or I just don't get out at all. Too much sitting at home brings on cabin fever for us all, I think. A shame about the construction continuing yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At home all I want to do is sit in my rocker, watch television and nap. I get so bored even though there is lots to be done.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a complex connect-the-dots picture! Almost like doing a jigsaw puzzle, but takes up much less space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Blogger? Uhoh! I've not seen it yet.

    We have a couple of those dot to dot books. Need a magnifying glass to see the numbers. I used to love dot to dot, but these are a bit much for me. Maybe if I had new glasses I wouldn't mind so much, I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it yet either. At the bottom left side of the page when I open, where they list things like posts, stats, comments, etc, there is a red banner that says "Try the new Blogger".

      Delete
  5. Add me to the list of those who didn't know there was a new Blogger.
    It is just after 5 in the morning here. What energy I have is decidedly morning energy.
    I am sorry about the scaffolding. Very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping that they run into problems with scaffolding and discover they cannot build as high as they want.

      Delete
  6. I am very sorry to hear that you may be losing your daylight and fresh air sooner than you thought. This has to be traumatic for all of you in your building.
    I happen to be claustrophobic and this would have me looking for a new place to live.
    Wishing you the best of luck 🍁💮🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking, but rents are so darn high. When there is affordable housing there are thousands going for each apartment. They run them now on lottery and I am on several lists.

      Delete
  7. Just saw today. Know nothing about it.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid to check it out. Each time they update it gets more and more complicated.

      Delete
  8. Boo to the new building going in! Yuck!

    Didn’t know about a new blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try to show you guys a picture.

      Delete
  9. I didn't know there was a new Blogger either!
    Oh I am so sorry about all this building stuff that you're having to endure...and here's hoping something happens to stop them building even higher. That is a dreadful situation to be in...oh I so feel for you.🙁

    In spite of it all, please try to have a good day.

    Sending you big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know there was a new Blogger!!!

    Have fun with join the dots, I quite enjoy doing word searches.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete