Monday, October 14, 2019

Monday This and That

Morning all.  We've been having some nice fall weather here.  I'm loving it.  Friday was a bit of a flop.  We were all in our seats waiting for our Tai Chi and arthritis exercise when we were told that the instructor wouldn't be in, and there was no replacement.  Instructor has a kidney stone.  Poor thing.  That is so painful.  I've not had one (knock on wood) but I've heard from others how painful it can be.

Went out Saturday to do some shopping.  Got off the bus a stop early so I could get some walking in.  Haven't been doing much lately, and I have to get my legs working better.  They are starting to tighten up.

Started reading a fun new book.  


At this time of year I love this kind of stuff.  This
collection of tales features  some of the greatest Victorian novelists and masters of the ghost story genre, and each story is illustrated with exquisitely eerie artwork.   

So again the phone hubby got me was a flop.  Turns out it only has 16 GB and mine has 32 GB.  No room to transfer my personal stuff onto the new phone.  He means well.  He bought it from a guy at work for about $25 and it is much more modern than my phone, but not enough memory.  I told him that I'm just going to wait until I save enough to get a new one.  I'm tired of being disappointed.  He means well, but also thinks he knows all there is to know about phones.  He likes Samsung, but I like LG.  He's always touting how good Samsung is, but personally, I've had no luck with them.  My LG is almost 3 years old now, still has memory, still works fairly well, but it has never taken good pictures.  And it does have a few cracks in it, one that pinches my finger if I grab it wrong.

Have a wonderful day.

 



 

15 comments:

  1. That book does look good, perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful book to have... especially at this time of the season 👻
    Have a beautiful autumn day 🍁🎃🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish it was quieter, but have deal with it. Loving this book.

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm sorry your Tai Chi class was cancelled...and I have the deepest sympathy for your instructor, as I have suffered kidney stones too...it is the most painful thing I have ever experienced.🙁
    Oh WOW...this book sounds ideal for me...I absolutely adore ghost stories!!😊😊

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bought it from Amazon. A real collector's item.

      Delete
  4. Ooooooh - Victorian ghost stories. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your Tai Chi instructor.
    And hope your extra walking loosens up your legs quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I feel like my body is letting me down. Have to fight it.

      Delete
  6. That book looks so good! I am so sorry for your instructor!
    Keep walking girl! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's a wonderful book. I'm enjoying it so much.

      Delete
  7. I have had kidney stones and I’d rather have quadruplets than go through that again.

    The older a man gets, the more they make up things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to get the phone I want and it's okay if I have to wait until after Christmas. I've waited this long.

      Delete
  8. Now … that book is just perfect for this time of year :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete