Monday, October 28, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning.  I wasn't around much last week.  Lots going on.  Very, very busy week, and I was just too drained to sit at the computer.  

On Tuesday we had our Halloween party at the center.  I had so much fun.  Ironically, as much as I love Halloween, I haven't been to a Halloween party in many years.  Took a few pictures. 

October birthdays from left to right:  my friend, Marie, just turned 90, unsure of the woman next to her, Henry with the hat turned 95.  He never stops dancing.  And finally Sylvia who just turned 97.


My friend, Marie.  Behind her is Maria and Sonia.  Maria is a sweetheart, but lately I have started to worry about her.  Her short term memory has gotten very bad.


 Guess who this is.


My friend, Mark.  He's new to the center and tons of fun.  Quite the gentleman.


Judy.  She always has the nicest smile.  Look at all our goodies on the table.  Pigged out that day.

Later that evening I got a call from my daughter.  My granddaughter was in ICU.  She had a hemorrhagic  stroke.  Only 33 years old with 3 small children.  I was beside myself.  Her blood pressure meds had stopped working and caused a bleed.  Fortunately, she is strong and home already with her family.  Another stroke will kill her so she really has to take it easy.  Ironically, she is a nurse who had worked with stroke patients for years, but did not pay attention to her own symptoms. 

On a positive note, the construction next door has been shut down for a week.  The Department of Buildings came by and discovered they have not been working according to NYC code so they gave them a summons and put up a Stop Work order.  Would be nice if it lasted forever, but as I write this I am aware they are probably fighting to get the site back up and running.  Will keep you informed.


This partial stop work order went up the first day.  The next day when I came home there was a total stop work order.

Have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

  1. Nice witch's hat! Looks like you've got some real live wires in your group of friends at the centre. Sorry to hear about your granddaughter -- that is SO young for stroke issues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She must slow down now and take care of herself.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your granddaughter. If prayers can help, she will be in mine.
    Your 🍁🎃 Halloween Party 👻🍂 sure looked like a great time with friends.
    Hope the stop work is permanent, too.
    Happy to see you blogging again 🐈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time. Then to come home and find out about my granddaughter. Was up all night.

      Delete
  3. You look great in your wit h costume and it looks like you all had a lot of fun.

    I am so sorry to read about your granddaughter. That has to be so worrisome for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun. Never really dressed up for Halloween before....in adulthood.

      Delete
  4. I think you look fabulous in your costume, the party looks and sounds such fun.

    I am so sorry to read about your grand-daughter, saying a prayer and sending healing thoughts too. She really must heed the warning and take care.
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if the stop work is permanent.

    My good wishes,

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. She is so young. It just makes you realize how fragile life is.

      Delete
  5. Looks like it a great Halloween party. Sorry about your grand daughters.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a very fun party. Halloween parties are the best! I hope your granddaughter continues to improve. Positive thought to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had a wonderful time at the party.

      Delete