Friday, April 15, 2011

Pueblo Blessing



Hold on to what is good, even if it is a handful of dirt.
Hold on to what you believe, even if it is a tree that stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do, even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life, even if it is easier to let go.
Hold on to my hand, even if I have gone away from you.

--Pueblo Blessing--

Wow, another week gone.  I just cannot seem to catch up anymore.  This is my cooking weekend, so tomorrow morning I'll be up and out early, then slaving over the stove all afternoon.  But, it's always such a good feeling when I am done and know I don't have to cook for another two weeks.  You would never know that I used to cook for catering.  I am a great cook, and there was a time that I loved cooking...even made my own noodles, but somewhere I lost that love and now it has become so tedious to me.

Sunday I might go to the beauty parlor to have my hair cut.  Notice I said 'might'.  It's been twenty  years since I stepped into the shop, been trimming my hair myself.  But, I just feel as if this look is getting too aging on me.  Might also change my mind before then.  I'm kind of scared.  There is a reason I stopped going, and that's because no matter where I went I always came out in tears.

I have been totally engrossed in watching the little eaglets grow....the miracle of life and nature.  Mother Nature truly is astonishing, and I feel blessed for the opportunity to see her at her best.

For those who may have missed it the other day, I'm posting the link again.  It's truly a joy to see.


Here's hoping you all have a wonderful weekend.  Hopefully the weather holds up, and we can all get a touch of air.

9 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it cooking all day for 2 weeks worth of meals. I enjoy cooking, but that would kill me!

    Enjoy your weekend and your satisfaction after a hard day's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've felt ther same way leaving a beauty parlor after a haircut, BUT the good thing is....IT GROWS BACK! :0)

    Hope to see less of you this weekend Mary and I mean this in a good way. I shit you not!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know what you decide about the hair salon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I know what you mean about going to the salon. When I lived in California, I could never find a stylist that understood & delivered what I would describe. Just take your time and find lots of pictures of things you like. Describe in detail what you like about the pictures and more importantly what you don't. It can take some time to really like a new cut. So set the expectation that you might not be happy as you walk out the salon, but leave open the possibility that you'll feel much better about the cut in a day or two. *Hugs* I hope you have a wonderful experience at the salon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry about your problem with salons...I've not had much good luck there either...however, I know it'll grow back and I'll just cut it myself until it gets out of control then try again at a salon...hate to say it, but sometimes the more expensive ones work better...though I've tried both and both have disappointed and pleased...good luck with your hair...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I trim my hair myself. As I get older it gets shorter (now is just a bit below shoulder length) but I still haven't gone pro. Post a pic of the new do if you decide to go through with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't remember the last time I stepped into one...my hair is to my waist and I don't care how old it makes me:)

    Love that blessing!

    Enjoy your weekend too Mary...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the verse at the top. Hope you had a good weekend. X.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Remember Mary......this haircut could be one of yet another New Beginning. LOL LOL

    Hugs,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete