Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tuesday Ramble

 

Lately every time I come on Blogger I have new Blogger page.  I switch back to the classic Blogger page, but inevitably  I end up back on the new page again so I decided to try to go with it.  Not sure if I really care for it.  Why the extra step when I go down my reading list and click on something I want to read?  Why does it always tell me I'm about to enter that page and am I sure that's what I want to do? Heck, I wouldn't have clicked on it if I didn't want to read it. It's the same thing with FB.  I keep avoiding the change and switching back to classic, but eventually they are going to force me to keep the new FB.  Why can't they leave well enough alone? 

Look how far they have gotten next door.  Already working on the second story.  Must say I am not a happy camper.  I don't like the idea of an 8 story building going up within two feet of my bedroom window.  What kind of view am I going to have?  Look out the window onto plain gray walls of concrete.

Went for a nice long walk yesterday morn in the cool air.  Oh, was it feeling so good after all this hot and sticky weather we've been having.  I found I could even breathe better and walk further.  Then I went back home and did a bit of cooking.

This is my Lipton Chicken Soup taste alike. The secret is in the fennel. Made 6 containers of it.

 


Very simple to make with few ingredients.  Carrots, celery, chicken broth, orzo, black pepper, and fennel with just a wee bit of salt.  I use the Herb Ox Sodium Free packets and use them to taste.  Used 6 for this soup.

Also made some Mediterranean Chicken Soup yesterday.



Carrots, celery, onions, chicken, low sodium chicken broth, spinach, chick peas, diced tomatoes, cumin, oregano, and black pepper.  

Today I plan on making  my bean soups and then I have a month's worth of soups.  Would have done it all yesterday but I forgot some of the ingredients for the bean soups so I have to run out to the store this morning.  Second bus trip for me this week.

6 comments:

  1. Fennel lifts so many dishes from the ordinary to the delicious doesn't it?
    Sigh (big sigh) at the building next door.
    I agree with you about New Blogger. That extra step to get to my reading list really, really irritates me. Which I have told them. Have you given them feedback too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have, but they don't listen. It's the same with FB. Every time I revert back to classic they ask me why and I tell them in no uncertain terms. But do they listen?

      Delete
  2. Your soup looks and sounds delicious.
    I am so sorry Mary that you are losing your view to the outside and daylight.
    I know how much your feral cats meant to you, too.
    It is good that you are getting out and about more.
    Have a lovely day ☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your post on your new blog. I've been feeling that way lately.

      Delete
  3. I hear you about blogger. Change is supposed to bring good things. I haven’t seen much I like about the new blogger...but I use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now they stuck me with the new FB. No way to change back. Can't win.

      Delete