Friday, August 7, 2020

Friday Roundup

Boy, what a week it was!  Three special people had surgeries this week.  My daughter had her bariatric surgery and is doing well.  My friend, Jack, had surgery to remove the cancer from around his kidneys, and the doctor feels that he got it all.  And then on Wednesday night my granddaughter was taken to the hospital to have emergency surgery to remove her gallbladder. I'm so relieved that that surgery went well, too, so as I sit here writing this, all are on the mend.

On Tuesday Isaias hit us and hit us hard. Trees down all over the place.  Was sitting in my rocker and heard a loud crash.  Looked out the window and this is what I saw.


Well, nosey as I am, it gives me a good view of what is going on...


but, on the other hand it takes away all my privacy.  I don't feel comfortable in my own home. Remember, my bedroom window is right next to that makeshift wall they set up.

I've been trying to get a morning walk in every day.  It not only helps with my weight gain, but also helps to keep my legs moving.  Walking has become difficult, and I know it comes from too much sitting.  But, it's so hard.  I try, but I just can't get myself motivated.  I know I have to pull myself out of this rut, but it's so hard...and really my grief counselor is no help.  But, maybe that's because I don't tell her things.  I don't want to prolong this any longer than I have to.  I do much better in a group setting.  My Wednesday evening group has been so helpful to me.  In fact, taking care of ourselves was our topic this past Wednesday, and I got quite a few suggestions.   

The weather doesn't help either.  Perhaps if it was cooler and more brisk I would feel like it.  But it's been so darn hot and humid here....and I've never dealt well with that.  I am pretty sure when the cool down comes it will be much easier to get out of the house.  

Have a wonderful weekend.



11 comments:

  1. Mary, this definitely has been an extra hard week for you and the pain and anxiety that you have been through this year has been great. However, what I read is that you are always trying to find ways to deal with it by seeking help with therapy and finding things to do, I admire your strength very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been rough. Wish I could wake up and discover the whole thing has been a nightmare.

      Delete
  2. Life is so filled with chaos everyday anyway but this covid-19 outbreak has only added to it and makes dealing with everyday life even more tiring.
    I am happy that your family is doing well with their health issues.
    You have gone through so my much this year. I am amazed at how well you are coping.
    My prayers are with you and your family everyday.
    Please stay safe my dear friend 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could comment on your blog to tell you how much I am enjoying it. I look forward to each new post.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mary. I love to write and my blog is a release for me to express my thoughts and such. I am creating another blog besides my writing blog and it will have the comments option. It is in the works now...hugs 🌷

      Delete
  3. I am sorry for all your worries, grief and pain but so glad that the people you care about came through this week's surgeries well.
    I do hope that you can find a way to extend the group support which means so much to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they will extend the group, but I am hoping that the senior center will add more groups as new interns are starting.

      Delete
  4. That is good news that your family are doing well after their surgeries this week.

    Hoping the weather will get a little cooler for you soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is doing awesome. Feels great and already down 12 pounds, but I feel that is too much too quick.

      Delete