Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning everyone.  Looks to be a hot, but humid day here in Brooklyn.  Nothing new.  Fortunately, the center I go to is a designated cooling spot so I'm not out in the heat that much, only when I wait for the bus.  It actually gets so cool in there we have to put on a sweater.

Wellness class was pretty interesting yesterday.  It was about image and how we view ourselves now that we are getting older.  I admit, it took me awhile to accept the aging process...even to the point of cutting a few years off my age.  Fortunately, all my life I have looked younger than my age.  I remember going into a bar to play pool in the Village when I first moved to the city.  I was 26 years old.  The drinking age then was 18.  They told me I had to go home and get my ID or I couldn't stay.  So, as I grew older, it was easier to pass myself off as younger.

Don't know when the change in attitude came, but one day age just didn't matter to me anymore, and I became my real age.  Today I proudly say 'I am 72' when someone asks.  Of course, there is some vanity involved.  Can't lie.  I feel good when they say, "You don't look that old".

 So here is my new hair color.  Wasn't sure how it would look.  After all, I was putting it over a very bright light auburn,  but everyone at the center loves it.  Can't tell in the picture, but in the sun it has a rosey hue.  Think I am happy with it.

So today I am headed to the center.  I don't usually go on Tuesday, but they are offering a computer course.  Not that I need it.  Been working on computers for years now, but this is the second part of the course and they had so much fun with the first half.  And, in the end they had a party, and to be honest, I want to be in a party.

Have a good one.

18 comments:

  1. Yes, that hair colour looks good on you! Enjoy the computer party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair color Mary! You look lovely. Enjoy your day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Color really surprised me. I hadn't known what to expect.

      Delete
  3. Party on, Mary, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worked so many years. Now I am finally having some fun.

      Delete
  4. I love that color...and really love the haircut..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. The color was a pleasant surprise.

      Delete
  5. You do indeed look young for your age - and that new cut and colour is very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've wanted something different for awhile now, but once you have the red in your hair, it's hard to get it out.

      Delete
  6. I like the color of your hair! Good choice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprised me. Wasn't sure what to expect. It is hard to cover red.

      Delete
  7. I think you made a good choice with the new hair colour, it suits you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really surprised me that it came out so well.

      Delete
  8. The hair color looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fantastic!!! I hope you had a great time at the party! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete