Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning.  It's a wet one, but thank goodness for a break in the heat.  My biggest problem this morning is how to juggle a cane, an umbrella, and my iced coffee.  This is a time one needs three hands for sure. Had some pretty powerful storms last night,  but let's face it, it took something pretty powerful to not this heat away.

Got my first electric bill  for the summer, and it was up by $60.  Next month should be more expensive because this is been a brutal weekend.  I'm thankful though that I had my AC.  Many had to go without power.  We already had plans to go sit in the car should we lose power, but thankfully we didn't have to.


Last year they came to the lot next door and mowed down the sunflowers.  For what reason I know not.  Just plain meanness I guess because they left all the weeds.  But surprise, surprise.  The sunflowers did not give up that easily.  They are back, and once again reach for the sun.

I wish I could say the same for my kitties.  It's been at least a month now.  I'm hoping the reason they are not coming is that food is more plentiful now in the summer months, and they are okay.  But feral or not, I just can't see a cat nut coming around for treats and water.  I am fearing the worst.  Especially with the brutal heat we just had.  Where are they getting their water from? 

Today I'm off to the Center for computer class and arts and crafts.  I donated most of my paints.  I had plenty of them and really no room to keep them.  I wasn't using them so they were just going to waste. Donating them to the center was a good way to de-clutter and still have use of the stuff.

Have a wonderful day.

17 comments:

  1. That heat wave that I call Global Warming, hit us hard here in he Midwest, the last few weeks too. Very scary situation for the entire population.
    So happy to see the Sunflowers fighting back.
    I am sorry that your feral cats haven't been around. Maybe when the weather changes they I'll show up again.
    Have a nice day at the center 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is Global Warming. Dreadful weather.

      Delete
  2. The big storms missed us last night, although I heard the thunder in the distance and others, a few miles away, did get the flooding and wind. We lucked out and only got some rain. Cooler air is here and we are thankful.

    I had a feral cat missing for awhile and she appeared last evening in my yard. I hope yours also will return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge storms and floods here. This morning much nicer weather.

      Delete
  3. We are having a heatwave at present too, but thunderstorms (with strikes) are forecast for tonight! Isn't it strange how we can be living so far from each other, and still be experiencing the same weather patterns?
    Oh I do so hope your kitties will return soon. It must be really worrying, still not knowing what has happened to them. Fingers crossed!!
    Hope you have a great day at the centre!😊😊

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so worried about my kitties. For them to just abruptly stop coming? Feral or not, why would they want to hunt for their food and water when they had a steady supply here.

      Delete
  4. Donating your paints was a great idea! Let's just hope the kitties have moved on to a better place, one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope they are doing well. I miss them. Have 3 bags of food and treats here waiting should they return.

      Delete
  5. So nice to see and read about your sunflowers coming back …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That yard is basically and eye sore. The sunflowers brighten it a bit.

      Delete
  6. I am sorry that you haven't seen the cats.
    And very glad you have had a break in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I been hearing how hot the heat been on east coast. It got up to 93 here in Idaho.
    I love sunflowers and so glad you donate some paints to center hopeful some will make some beautiful pieces.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used the paints yesterday. I kept my brushes though. Spent a lot of money on them.

      Delete
  8. I am soooo happy that the heatwave broke!!

    Hmmm so I need to design a can that comes equipped with an attachment to hold an umbrella AND a cup holder!!!! I’d be rich!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you donating your paints! Great idea!
    Love that the sunflowers came back!
    I am so sorry about the kitties, but I do hope they are ok!!! Glad you've had a break in the heat!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete