Friday, July 5, 2019

Friday Roundup



Good Friday morning.  Had another busy week.  Granted, it wasn't as busy as last week, but it had me doing enough running and moving about.  On Monday I went to the center.  Had nice Wellness class on sleeping.  I was so tired I almost dozed during the class.  Sunday night is never a good sleep night for me.  It's the one night hubby is home.  I realize now that I have gotten so used to falling asleep alone that I struggle to do so when he is around.  Not that he is very noisy.  He isn't.  It's just that I get used to things being one way and 6 days a week I have the bed all to myself.  He comes home sometime near morning.

On Tuesday I didn't leave the house.  Wow!  That's a change.  I cooked a few meats and did some de-cluttering; mainly, my fairy garden which has become so packed with things that it just didn't look nice anymore.  So I packed away some of my little fairies and houses and will alternate them with what I have left now.

On Wednesday went to the center.  Had my meditation.  Love, love, love it.  I think it's the ONLY time during the week that I sit in silence.



Young children made these cards for us.  Each one of us got a card.  It's nice that children are taught to honor their elders this way.

Yesterday I did lots of running about. Made a deposit at the ATM. Finally learned how to do it. I was doing one bill at a time which was so time consuming because I found myself constantly having to log in again. It took me forever, but I finally realized I can do all at once. Then I stopped at Telco's. Found a summer dress for myself and got Ralph some slippers. I can be pretty fussy when shopping for myself.  Guess maybe it's because I really didn't need anything.  Did want to get a pair of navy capri's which is why I stopped, but they didn't have any in my size. 

Stopped at Walgreens for some sinus spray and checked out the magazines.  They have gotten so expensive, haven't they?  After stopping at C Town for a few items I headed home and spent some time on the heating pad.  My body was aching yesterday.

Today I'm off to the center.  Not been feeling so well this week.  Battling with sinusitis.  So painful.  Fortunately I do get breaks from the pain, but it always seems to hit hard when my head hits the pillow.  Been using a spray, the neti pot, and warm compresses.  Any other suggestions?

Have a wonderful and safe weekend.

18 comments:

  1. Have you tried inhaling Olbas Oil? Not sure if it is available in USA, but if it is, it is well worth a try. It works really well for me!😊😊
    Do hope you had a super July 4th!

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of it. Will check it out. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Hope, you feel better soon....

    Happy Fourth of July

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Always had sinus problems but right now it is really bad.

      Delete
  3. Magazines are the same price now as books used to cost years ago. Not worth the money either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't buy anymore unless it is something I really want.

      Delete
  4. Magazine yes our quite expensive now, and it seem there just full of ads.
    It been about a month ago I bought a magazine with no ads on creativity and the brain. But before that it been years since I got a magazine.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up on the usual magazines I buy. Why spend $15 for a cooking magazine when I can get a book for the same price.

      Delete
  5. Not fun battling with sinus issues - I get them too pretty much most of the year long. Hope you feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Spoke with the pharmacist today when I went to pick up my meds. Not much more I can do but wait it out.

      Delete
  6. I feel for you on the sinus front. It frequently triggers toothache for me too. I hope you get some relief. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awful, isn't it? Had my teeth extracted and still get toothaches.

      Delete
  7. I would love to seen photos of your fairy garden!
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Sleep so you don't get run down.
    Such cute cards from the kids 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have pictures of it, but cannot take the entire thing at once. My phone has an awful camera.

      Delete
  8. Sinus pain is the pits! I hope you feel better! Woohoo to your day at home...sometimes we need those days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's driving me crazy. So hard to sleep because if I lie too long on one side, my back starts, but if I lie on my right side, my face hurts. Can't win.

      Delete
  9. I agree, magazines are crazy in price! I use to buy a lot of them, not anymore! I hope you're feeling better Mary! Love the cards from the kids! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, magazines can be quite expensive, I do not buy them that often!
    Those cards are nice :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete