Monday, July 15, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning.  Still hot here, but lower in humidity so it should feel better when I step out this morning to go to the center for Wellness class.  On Friday I had my jewelry class.

On Saturday I headed off to WW and got on the scale.  I must have been doing something right because now I am only .6 over.  If I stay on track from now until my Thursday meeting, I should be able to get down to goal....but, one never knows what the scale will say.  There is lots that go on in our bodies that can cause the scale to rise--hormones, inflammation, too much sodium the day before.  So, I am going to do what I have to and keep my fingers crossed.  Of course, the month is half over so in another couple of weeks I will face a new month.  Must keep myself on track.

Sunday I stayed in and did some cooking in the morning.  Used my grill pan to fix myself some chicken.  
Marinated in sugar free salad dressing, heated the pan, and  transformed 4 chicken breasts into a juicy tasty meal.

Took one of the grilled chicken breasts and stir fried it with broccoli, peppers, onions, garlic powder and my favorite hot sauce, Cholula Chili Garlic. 

In the afternoon spent some time working on my Family Tree.  I rejoined Ancestry, but only for the United States.  Not able to pay the fee for worldwide.

Been thinking about my first 'real' boyfriend for awhile and spent some time  researching the family of my boyfriend who came to me in my dream.  Yes, it is definitely him that passed away in February, 2011.  Found out his mom passed away in 1982, only a few years after I broke up with Richie, his sister Helen passed away, and his dad just passed in 2015.  Found his obituary filled with familiar names.  

Two brothers are still living, and I found one still living in Sussex, but no contact information.  The other I cannot find.  When I saw his father's face in the obituary, so many old memories began cropping up.  Weekends at their home, his mom insisting I put alcohol on a pimple, their acceptance of me even after I broke up with Richie and how his two sisters used to continue to drive down to visit, how happy Helen was to have her license...and now she is gone. She was quite young when she passed--only 54.  If only I hadn't waited so long to search out these people that were once so important to me.  It's a good reminder not to let so many years pass because by then it may be too late.

Have a good one.


11 comments:

  1. Yes, people come and go in our lives and connections inevitably get lost, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately yes. I guess some people are just meant to spend a short time in our lives.

      Delete
  2. Life goes on but never feels the same when so many who meant so much to us our gone. It will never be the same again... thankfully we have our memories 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wonderful memories of he and his family. They were so accepting of me, but I was young and impetuous. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and as a couple we were never meant to be.

      Delete
  3. That salad looks awesome - YUMMY! Dreams can be very prophetic and telling, can't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Hadn't thought about him or his family in years.

      Delete
  4. It is so easy now to find people from our past. I have looked up some but mostly I think it is best to leave the past behind us and to remember people as I last knew them. I have an old friend who moved away over 50 years ago. We write to each other at Christmas every year and tell each other about our lives. She occasionally comes east to visit her family but we have never crossed paths. To both of us we are still 23 years old in our minds. That is a nice thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have found a few grammar school friends. Unfortunately, it is so hard to find women because their name changes when they marry.

      Delete
  5. I let people go, as people have let me go.
    Hooray for being so close to your goal weight again. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do have to let them go. I have my memories.

      Delete
  6. Your food is making me feel hungry!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete