Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

What a beautiful day it was yesterday.  Warm, sunny, a slight breeze, with very low humidity.  After the center, I took advantage of it and walked over to Super Fresh for some fruit.  It had to be at least 3,000 steps or more.  Unfortunately, dangerous heat is heading our way so must enjoy this while we can.

Had a nice time at the center yesterday.  Lots of good conversation and a great Wellness class.  However, I noticed that the facilitator had trouble holding group on subject and bringing them back to the topic when they veer off.  For example, yesterday's topic was memory loss and aging, a very important topic.  But then one of the group members started talking about  how she doesn't know how to get rid of an aerosol can, does she put it in the garbage or what, and the facilitator went with it.  The member went on and on about how she has so much stuff to clear out, and it was a good 15 minutes before the facilitator brought it back to the original topic...which was very important to all of us.

Lunch was outrageously good, and I don't know how I managed to only eat half and save the rest for dinner.  Awesome Southern food--barbecued pork chop, mac and cheese, and collard greens.  So, so yummy.  I am determined to lose that .6 before Thursday.  When I was younger, it was so easy, but now at 72, the weight just wants to sit there.



Lately I have been making myself earrings that match my outfits.

Do not ever order from Amerimark.  I ordered a back brace and a few other health items from them awhile back.  I pay my bills online and could not understand why each month my bill went up. They don't show interest and such, only payment due and what is owed.  Finally I called and discovered that, without my consent they had enrolled me in two different programs which were charging me $15 a month.  Boy did I raise hell.  Accused them of deceptive practices and advised that I would get a lawyer.  They immediately cancelled and refunded $92 of my money. A lesson learned.  Keep more on top of things.

It's going to be a long day today.  Computer class in the morning and in the afternoon we are having the monthly party.  Hoping I feel good enough to get some dancing in.

Have a good one.

13 comments:

  1. Glad you laid down the law to Amerimark and got your money back. Such deceitful pracrices are scandalous. Good for you for double-checking your bills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not understand why my bill kept rising.

      Delete
  2. I hate when companies do that! Glad you addressed it.
    There are lots of facilitators like that-drives me crazy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some companies are just scoundrels! I’m glad you caught it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you caught it, and that they backed down. I suspect that money was very, very welcome to you.
    Love your earrings.
    Sigh at the inept facilitator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many ways to scam people and mostly it is the elderly that are targeted! They think we are to stupid to catch them at their sneaky game...but you proved them wrong!!! Good for You Mary!
    Love those earrings that you made...lovely~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. They said it was done with a phone call. I told them no one ever called me.

      Delete
  6. Well done for taking on that company. It's such a shame, but we all have to be extra careful and check everything these days.

    Love the earrings you've made.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just enrolled me into these two plans without even asking. Shame on them.

      Delete
  7. So glad you caught what they were doing and got it taken care of!!

    We have some dangerous heat coming in next week, some triple digits. I'm so ready for Fall!!
    Be careful with that heat.

    Those earrings are so lovely. Makes me want to try stringing beads for bracelets again.

    ReplyDelete