Friday, July 19, 2019

Friday Roundup

As we reach the end of another hectic week, I find myself wishing I could take it easy tomorrow, but errands must be run...and now that I am on the go 5 days a week, Saturday or Sunday is it.  And since banking is involved, Saturday it is.  

Suffice it to say, all week I went to the center.  Great place to be in this darn heat wave.  On Tuesday I attended the monthly birthday party.  Had a hot dog and a hamburger, foods I don't normally eat....and I have been craving a hot dog for a good long while now.  Don't eat them often because even the healthy versions have high sodium levels.  They served that alone with homemade potato salad and cole slaw with spumoni for dessert.  Hopefully, the dancing I did afterwards worked some of those calories off...but not many, I'm sure. 


A couple pictures from the party.  Boy can these seniors boogie.  That little man with the skinny legs is pretty much blind and he danced every dance.  Took more pictures but darn phone camera.  Should be rectified this weekend.  Hubby gave me a phone he had bought awhile ago and only used a few times, a Samsung J2 Prime.  Not the latest model, but pictures are awesome.  Hoping to get to a Metro PCS to transfer this weekend.

Had computer classes both Tuesday and yesterday...and also had homework.  I'm somewhat savvy about computers already, but there is always something new to learn.  I've never learned Excel so I am hoping that will be a part of it. 

This is Ruth, the little lady they pick on.  Yes, I have seen her mean side as well, she actually can be nasty. but I let it go. We have no idea what she is going through.   That's my ice coffee, pen, puzzle, and top of cane in the picture.

Yesterday I had been planning playing hooky and heading over to my Thursday WW workshop.  It's been awhile since I have seen my friends there, and I was looking forward to seeing them and having brunch afterwards.  But, when a couple of my friends cancelled out due to the weather, I decided to put it off another week.  So, I'll be attending tomorrow's workshop instead and then head over to do my banking.

Have a fantastic weekend.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Never liked dancing until I got old. Just the opposite of everyone else. Now the music comes on and up out of my chair.

      Delete
  2. I love hearing about you day at the center and meeting some of the faces that you see there!
    Poor Ruth. She may just be lonely or has no loved ones alive. Like you, I would reach out to her unless she specifically asked me not to.
    Stay cool and have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try with her, but there is only two people she really likes there...and that is the cause of many of the issues. She wants no one else to sit by them so she will put bags on the chairs.

      Delete
  3. Keep cool - this humidity is the worst lately. :(

    Take care and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a rough one coming. Have to go out in it tomorrow, but I think Sunday will be my rest day.

      Delete
  4. I hope you get a much needed rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always so busy …
    Loved seeing the photographs here today.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep on dancing Mary!!! Love the pictures! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete