Friday, January 29, 2016

Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat.

Author Unknown

Good morning. It's going to be a cool, but not cold, day. They say some flurries are on the way this afternoon. That doesn't worry me a bit. It was pretty clear when I went out yesterday, and it felt so good. In fact, the buses ran so well that I got to the meeting early, and the leader asked if I wanted to sit inside until they had set up. I told her I'd not been out in almost a week, and the sun felt so good that I wanted to stay out and enjoy it.
I'm disappointed but not devastated. Biggest gain so far...1.6 pounds. But I was dealing with a triple whammy...on medication which causes water weight, gum infection which made it pretty hard to chew so fruit was out, and a storm that kept me housebound. Fortunately the weather is good noe, my mouth is lots better, and today is my last day of medication. And with the new plan I also learned that some of the soft foods that I love are actually high in the new Smart Points. 4 Oz regular applesauce is 6 points but natural is almost free. Bought some natural today. And some of my favorite Yoplait yogurts are 6-7 points whereas the Dannon Light and Fit are 2-3.  So I made the switch.  Let's see what next week brings.

I've lots to do today. First of all, it is banking time again. Bill time already. I can't believe how quickly this month has passed. Feels like January wasn't even here. Afterwards I have to stop and get some new undies. I think it's time. I've lost so much weight they are falling off me and it's just as uncomfortable as undies that are too tight. Then a quick stop at Walgreens and the food store. I'm feeling good today.
 
Have a good one.

2 comments: