Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Monday Morning This and That

Who are the happiest people on earth? A craftsman or artist whistling
over a job well done. A little child building sand castles. A mother,
after a busy day, bathing her baby. A doctor who has finished a difficult
and dangerous operation, and saved a human life. Happiness lies in
a constructive job well done. Get your happiness out of your work
or you will never know what happiness is.

Elbert Hubbard
 
Good morning everyone. It's a cold one here in Brooklyn, and I just heard the first snow of the season may be on the way later this evening. Not much thank goodness. Only a coating to an inch. I love a beautiful snowy day, but snow gets very ugly here in Brooklyn. People don't shovel and as people tramp over it, it turns to a grey slippery sheet of ice. And that's when I become homebound.

First day of classes this season. I am so looking forward to it. Can't wait for the full schedule to begin next month. Dinner is already cooked and ready to go on the plates--chili and yellow rice. All I have to do is cook some type of veggie to go along with it.

Headed out to the mall yesterday to exchange a couple of shirts I bought Jerry for Christmas. 
I  wanted to wait until the mad rush was over.  I was blessed to have the store pretty much to myself.

Made some Tomato Chicken over the weekend.  It was so yummy I can't wait to have it again.


 Skinless chicken breasts
Can of diced tomatoes with chili
Corn
Cannellini beans
Garlic powder
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper

Crock pot low for five hours. I love the green hot sauce. (Serve over rice but I don't eat starches with every meal)

Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. I was at the mall on the weekend too for the first time since November. Thank goodness all the crowds and craziness are gone now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot, hot, hot here. Sigh.
    I would swap for snow any time.

    ReplyDelete