Thursday, January 21, 2016

Thursday Notes


Brew me a cup for a winter’s night.
For the wind howls loud, and the furies fight;
Spice it with love and stir it with care,
And I’ll toast your bright eyes, my sweetheart fair.

Minna Thomas Antrim


Good morning everyone. Another cold one here in Brooklyn. Yesterday wasn't so bad. If you're dressed for it it actually can feel quite invigorating. Nothing on my agenda today. I don't run about so much in the winter...especially just after the holidays when I have already spent far too much money.
Absolutely loved my first class yesterday, "The Parting of the Ways" and am looking forward to it when it comes around. Yesterday's class was a trial run to see how many would be interested in it, and all of us raised our hands so it is going to be fit into the spring schedule. Just hope it doesn't interfere with any of my other classes.

As far as the second class on the Civil War, I would have been better off coming home. It was so so boring. Fell asleep twice during class, and the bad thing was I seated in the front row. Well, at least I didn't snore.

Didn't feel much like cooking last night so I threw together a one pot meal. A few spices can make anything taste yummy.



Ground beef
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Cumin
Spanish oregano
Basil
Red pepper flakes
Goya Con Azafran
Black pepper
Two tbs tomato sauce
Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup water
Beef bullion cube
Mixed veggies

Brown meat. Add spices and stir through meat. Add liquids and bring to boil. Turn down heat, cover and simmer. When liquid is almost gone and everything well mixed thicken with a little corn starch and water. I served Ralph ' s with leftover yellow rice. I ate mine  carrots and brocolli. 


Have a good one.

1 comment: