Monday, January 18, 2016

Monday Morning This and That

In a way Winter is the real Spring--the time when
the inner things happen, the resurgence of nature.
Edna O'Brien

Good morning everyone. It's snowing. Not much. Only a light coating on the ground, but I guess you can say that winter has finally arrived here in Brooklyn. Glad I've nothing pressing to do and get sit in and admire it, hoping that by tomorrow morning the sidewalks are clear and free of ice.


I heard they are going to close down quite a few subway stations in the area for at least two years or longer. This has me kind of concerned. The bus runs along the subway line for a good ways which means it's going to be disrupted as well when they put shuttle buses on the route. Not only that, but buses tend to be extra busy when the train is running. Just in time for me to start school. Concerned the buses will be too packed for me to go. Grrrr!!! Will just have to wait and see. So thankful I don't have to travel to work in the city anymore. What a mess that would be!



Head a touch of spring fever this weekend.  Lighted a rose scented candle and painted the above this weekend.  I know what my problem is.  I work too fast.  I want it done and don't take my time.  Have to learn how to slow down.

Speaking of school, received my catalog and plan on going to go through my school catalog today, choose courses, and set my schedule. Meanwhile, I enrolled in an online course with the University of Maryland 'Understanding Terrorism and the Terrorist Threat'. The sociology and psychology of it. I've been interested in the subject ever since we touched on terrorism in my Forensics course. 

Have a good one.

1 comment: