Wednesday, January 6, 2016

An Angel Amongst Us

Angels are never too distant to hear you.

Author Unknown
 
Morning all. It's another cold one here. Today I have to get out for a walk. Stayed in for two days now, and there is no excuses. All the Christmas stuff is down and put away until next Christmas. I'm low on mandarins anyways, so I guess I'll head on over to the Fruit Stand.

So last night hubby gets off work and can't remember where he parked his car. For almost three hours he wandered up and down blocks looking for it.  I checked online and saw that it hadn't been towed. My advice to him at this point was to go to the police station and report it missing. But no, he says it's not the kind of neighborhood where it could be stolen. Besides, he said, he hasn't even found the building he parked in front of. 

I felt so bad.  I could tell he was near tears, freezing, and struggling with his breath.  He has Stage 3 emphysema.  Then, he called and told me he had called a cab, and they were driving up and down blocks looking for the car.  He just refused to go to the police station and report it missing so following the cabbie's advice he came home for a good night's rest and would then look in the morning.  I really felt that it had been stolen and that the longer he waited to report it, the less chance he had of getting the car back.

An angel was looking our for us last night, and  he came in the form of a cab driver. No more than 25 minutes after hubby got home his phone rang. It was the cab driver who had been driving him around. He found the car on 95th street and came to pick hubby up to bring him to get it. It seems that hubby had looked on 91st, 92nd, 93rd, and 94th, but not 95th.  So thankful and filled with gratitude.

Have a good one.

6 comments:

  1. That good-guy cabbie was his guardian angel alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right - angels are everywhere! Ugh and there is nothing more frustrating than not remembering where you parked the car! I've done that more times than I can count. Bless that cab driver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice guy to help him out like that. Glad it worked out.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful story! I'm glad that cabbie was such an angel and hope dear hubby is ok now. Not fun trying to breathe in the cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing that story. It gives me hope. i'm so glad your hubby found the car. It's so frustrating - the forgetfulness of aging.

    ReplyDelete