Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thursday Thoughts



Life is the gift of nature; beautiful
living is the gift of wisdom.

Celtic 

Getting better.

Good morning everyone.  They say the temps are going to rise to the 60's today.  It's about time.  Yesterday I took a long walk--16 blocks and sat in the park for a few.  Still not warm enough to really enjoy it.  But, it's the 16 blocks that makes me happy.  Last year at this time I couldn't walk one block without stopping to catch my breath.  Now it's a nonstop walk...and at a good speed.  Feeling pretty darned good about myself.

This morning I'm off to Weight Watchers.  Last week I remained the same.  Hoping for a loss this week.  Took note of mistakes made last week and didn't make them again this week.  But, one never knows.  One day with a lot of sodium can throw off the scale.

Anybody get caught out there on April Fools?  My Facebook game , Forbidden Garden, caught me good  yesterday. I was playing and when I clicked one of the buttons, all the writing went not only upside down, but to opposite sides--top to bottom, right to left. I got really upset because I couldn't figure out what I had done. I tried clicking buttons but everything remained the same so I decided to log out and then log in again. When I did a big APRIL FOOLS came across the screen and everything was back to normal.

Yesterday I packed one of my winter coats away and set another aside for Good Will.  It's swimming on me now, and I don't plan on putting on weight just so I can get into it again.  Kept one coat out...in case.  Took my spring jacket to the cleaners and sorted through my button down sweaters.  Some will be great for those cool spring evenings.

Well, that's about it for today. Hope you all have a good one....and enjoy this great weather.

3 comments:

  1. You're doing great my friend, certainly much better than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to take this time to thank you for the beautiful card you sent me. Thank you Mary.
    Two years ago I made you a gift & just recently tried to mail it to you. About time, huh! ;0) Was told there was no such number on your street. Went home & checked & I had the address right. One day soon, regardless of what the postal worker says, I will get it sent off. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on your cardio, sounds like you're doing great. 16 blocks is a long distance.

    It was gorgeous in our neck of the woods this morning as well... warm and sunny. In the afternoon the rain came and I was hoping for that first thunderstorm but it didn't happen... not yet anyways.

    Enjoy your weekend Mary!

    ReplyDelete