Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Morning This and That

Sometimes the easiest to understand grains of wisdom are the best. I am glad and grateful to read this as I start my new week! May you live every day of your life. 

Jonathan Swift

Happy Monday.  I may be in pain, but my spirits are high thanks to the wonderful spring weather these past few days.  Even made it to the park for awhile yesterday and savored the warm spring breeze.  Took my sketch pad along with me, but nothing caught my eye, so I sat and wrote letters to my penpals instead. (I go prepared).  

I've signed up for some classes.  The first I will begin this week, and I am so excited.  I've always been into alternative treatment, herbs, vitamins, etc. so this course on 'Curanderismo', traditional medicine of Mexico, is right up my alley.  The course will cover herbs, tinctures, juice therapy, acupuncture, and healing through water to name a few.  So looking forward to it.

I've also signed up for 'Chinese for Beginners'.  I live a block away from Brooklyn's Chinatown, and it would be nice to be able to have a basic understanding of their language. Also signed up for 'Economic Issues, Food and You".  Don't know if I will like that one, but I do want to take up nutrition and health, and I guess the present state of economics has a lot to do with the food we put on the table. 

Speaking of food, I made the following dish the other day, and it was so healthy and delicious I had to share it with you.


Ingredients:
Boneless Chicken Breasts
Yellow, Orange, and Red Sweet Mini Peppers, sliced
Green Pepper, sliced
Italian Seasoning
Sazon Goya Low Sodium Seasoning
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
Balsamic Vinegar
  
I love using these sweet mini peppers.

Marinate all ingredients in a plastic bag in refrigerator for 'at least' five hours. Spray baking pan with Pam.  I use Pam Purely Olive Oil.  Bake in oven until chicken is lightly browned on both sides and thoroughly cooked.

Well, that was it for my weekend.  How was yours?

2 comments:

  1. Learning Chinese? Should be fun! And something really different that will stimulate your brain -- they say learning a new language is one the best things to do to keep our minds active and healthy as we age. That, and eating lots of chicken and peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, you're going to learn so many new things.. that's awesome. And especially the Chinese language.. A friend of ours married a Chinese girl and he started learning fast. It was fun listening to him speak Chinese. Have fun with this Mary!

    Thank you for sharing the chicken recipe.. sounds delicious.:)

    ReplyDelete