Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday Morning This and That

We are responsible for what we are and what we wish ourselves to be; we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in future can be produced by our present actions, so we have to know how to act.

Swami Vivekananda

Wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a good morning as we start this new work week.  I didn't do much this weekend.  Had a report to write for Population Health, and that took up most of my time.  Been a long time since I had to write something so in depth.

I made the following this weekend.  Tasted so good.  I forgot to take a photo when I took it out of the oven.  Luckily I had some leftover.  Surprising even hubby, the cauliflower hater, loved it.


Roasted Spiced Cauliflower
Head of cauliflower
3 Tbs. Fat free butter
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
Paprika
Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy
1/2 tsp turmeric
Dash of cinnamon 


Melt butter and mix it with the sugar and spices in large bowl. Add cauliflower and toss to coat. Lay pieces in a single layer on baking sheet and roast until Brown. I usually do about 20 minutes. 

Hard to believe that Beltane is almost here.  Certainly fooled me with these temperatures we've been having.  This is the time of year I should have the windows open and air out the stale winter apartment.  But, it's 37 degrees in the morning.  Brrr!!!!  What is with this weather? 

It's been over 3 weeks since I planted the Chia seeds, and of those I planted on the Chia sponge, not one of them sprouted.  The only Chia seeds that just started to sprout was the Cilantro I planted in my regular potting mix.


So I dumped all of them and replanted in my good potting soil. Waiting to see what happens.  If nothing in two weeks I am just going to buy my own seeds.  

My Forget-Me-Nots have sprouted...



And look how well my Moon Flowers are coming up.


That's about it for now.  Have a good one.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy . . . is it time for my breakfast yet, looking at that dish is really making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Moon Flowers are just growing like gangbusters! (Now, there's an old fashioned word, eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love cauliflower! I've been dying to make some but the prices on cauliflowers in my neck of the woods are ridiculous recently. I simply refuse to pay $5.00 for a small cauliflower head. Period.

    Look at your plants... Beautiful. I wasn't sure what Moonflowers were so I looked them up. From the way they are growing, I can see that you're going to have little beauties on your hands pretty soon.

    I'm hoping some of my Forget-Me-Nots in my garden will come up soon... This last week has been so cold, all the plant growing progress around here came to a screeching halt. It's warming up now again though... I'm hoping it will stay that way for good so that we can proceed with the spring... :D

    Enjoy the rest of your Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete