Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Random Thoughts



Good morning, everyone.  Some rain heading in later today.  Yesterday  was cold, but it felt wonderful, invigorating.  The trees are finally starting to change.  Took picture yesterday, but from a distance it is hard to see.  

Yesterday I went to the old center.  It felt good to get out for a change, and I was looking forward to a quiet day.  Wasn't in the cards, though.  As soon as I saw her come in, I said to myself, "Please don't sit her at our table."  Unfortunately, I only said it to myself so no one heard my plea.  Next thing I knew she was tapping me on the shoulder and sat next to me.  Fortunately, she only comes once in awhile.  She has a job as a telephone solicitor.  She says that she 'feels old when she comes to the center."  So why come at all?

Margaret is the original 'Motor Mouth'.  She doesn't stop talking.  Yesterday it was all about her husband.  He comes to the center every day because he likes to attend the ESL classes and dance in the afternoon.  So, because he dances with other women, she started crying to everyone who would listen that he cheats.  And she went on and on and on for almost two hours about how he has been a ladies' man all their married life.  How can you tell perfect strangers all your personal business? Poor man doesn't even know...yet.  But you just know, though, that someone will tell him.  Word does get around.


Picture of the beautiful autumn sky I took yesterday. 


And finally, a few of my favorite quotes from some of my favorite people.
“In life there are journeys in which you must go,
sometimes the road is just unknown,
but trust you must your path is right,
even though there appears no end in sight.
The day you take that leap of faith,
is the day you step toward your blessed fate.”
 Jasmeine Moonsong
We have stories to tell, stories that provide wisdom about the journey of life. What more have we to give one another than our 'truth' about our human adventure as honestly and as openly as we know how?
 Rabbi Saul Rubin
Remember that imagination is the faculty of the soul and that when it suggests new pathways to us we are being invited to explore the territory of the soul in ways that will certainly change and re enchant us.
Caitlin Matthews 

Each man's life represents a road toward himself. 

 Herman Hesse

5 comments:

  1. Haha! She sounds like fun! I am sorry if she ruined your day. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how things change. Once upon a time a woman would never talk about these things, unless it was to a trusted friend. Now we are all supposed to be unpaid therapists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading Herman Hesse always makes me smile and thing of Steppenwolf, which I read in high school.

    It's too bad that Margaret talks so much, but maybe she's lonely even though she's married? I get that it's annoying though... I wouldn't know what to say to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by dear friend. I've finally caught up with you and what is going on. Sounds like that blood pressure is right on track and I know your cold will abate soon. Sounds like your friend at the center is lonely and has no one to talk to. It was kind of you to let her "vent a little" without taking on her stuff.

    Stay well sweet lady.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ed and I both have daughters like that, so I know from where you speak. Yak.yak.yak!
    Everything is ready for us to leave for FL tomorrow.
    Well maybe. Daughter Jill's B/P is so high she called to say she was being taken to the hospital by ambulance. Waiting for a call from her to see if she was kept there.
    Never a dull moment.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete