Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday This and That

Accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields....

Khalil Gibran, The Prophet, 1923


Good morning.  Another Monday.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this one goes okay.  The past two Mondays have been dreadful. So far, so good, and if this keeps up,  I may head to the old center and play a little bingo.  I'm not up to going to exercise yet.  Actually, I am a bit afraid. We still don't know for sure if this is my thyroid or not.  There is still a possibility it might be my heart.  Should have some answers this week.  Until I know for sure, I am taking it very easy.

Went to church yesterday and stopped by the market for a few items.  I've learned not to try to carry to much as the extra strain seems to be a trigger for an episode.  I've also started walking as slow as possible.  It sure was cold out yesterday.  Autumn definitely was here, and with the wind and coolness, it even felt like a touch of winter.  Not complaining though.  I'll take this to the heat anyday.

On Friday I walked slowly to the subway station to re-up my card, then stopped at the fruit stand for some healthy foods. Picked up some grapes, apples, and oranges.  Grapes help stop the palpitations, and this year I am going to train myself to eat the winter fruits.  No episodes, although during the day I had a few minor ones.  Saturday it was cold and rainy, and I parked myself in my rocker by the window for most of the morning catching up on some reading.

Actually, I've been doing a lot of reading lately.  There is so much scary stuff going on in the world (ISIL and ebola) that I find it easier to lose myself in a fun novel.  Lately I have been reading 'Chasing Butterflies in the Magical Garden' by Jorja DuPont Oliva.  What a fun book. 

Book description:

Chasing Butterflies in the Magical Garden, is a story of enchanting friendships and magical bonds. After following her first love to the foothills of the Carolina's, Lizzy returns to her small southern town to start a life without her childhood sweetheart. Everything she imagined her life would be, now veered off in a different direction. The biggest fear of it all, the unknown, the anticipation of a life not yet imagined. Lizzy goes in search of her identity and finds the lasting power of friendship. Lizzy's childhood friend Ripley, reunites her with a former high school classmate Dee, who had been rumored to talk to the dead. Dee and her magical garden take Lizzy for the ride of a lifetime. She opens Lizzy's eyes to the existence of everyday magic. Dee teaches Lizzy that life is not solely about living, it is also about surviving. Lizzy and Dee are both in search of butterflies in the magical garden--we call life. To each girl, the butterflies mean something different. They learn along the way, if we look beyond the things we cannot see, we may find what we are looking for.

Well, not much else going on right now so I guess that's it for now.  Hoping you all have a great Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I've just started reading the Regeneration Trilogy by Pat Barker. It's about WWI and so isn't very light-hearted, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have the right idea, Mary, taking it easy until you know for sure! Take care and please keep us posted. That sounds like a good book, and I might check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a book I'd read. I do hope you feel better real soon! I wish you a wonderful week filled healing and bliss. Hugs...
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete