Monday, January 27, 2020

Monday This and That

Monday morning and I'm raring to go.  Been a busy week.  I took the first step in going gray....getting the red out by putting an ash shade in.  Next step...Silver Blonde




Tuesday was a quiet day at the center....and the first time they served such a nasty lunch that I could not eat it.  They made cauliflower, chick pea, and bulgur as one would make lasagna.  Even covered it with mozzarella.  Nasty.  It was tasteless and should have had some curry or Middle Eastern seasonings in it....and they definitely should have saved the mozzarella for an Italian dish. Fortunately now that I am on the council, I can sit in on the food meetings so I'll have some say in what is served.

Wednesday morning was a blast.  We played our morning game of Yahtzee and had our afternoon Italian class.  It was a bit better this week.  The female was quiet, but the male continued to be a know it all despite being told several times to let the teacher say the words so we know how to pronounce them. He tends to say them with her.  

Thursday was an interesting day, but not one to even mention aside from a delicious lunch.  

Friday I sat in on my first food meeting and found it hard to even get a word in. So I listened...this time.  Don't want to start pushing things before I know what the meeting is all about.  Later in the afternoon we had jewelry class.

 Not quite finished yet.



Saturday I had a doctor's appointment in the morning, but had to cancel.  Had my worse IBS-D attack in years.  Have no idea what triggered it, but it was bad, and I had to be near a bathroom at all times.  Took Pepto Bismal and Imodium.  Neither worked.

Yesterday I felt a bit better.  Running to the bathroom constantly had stopped, but my tummy was still a bit crampy.  But I did manage to get out and do some shopping. 

Had to reschedule my doctor's appointment from Saturday to today. I wanted to do next Saturday, but each year they send you a bonus for attending your appointments and the deadline to send it in is the 31st so I must go this week. It's a $50 Target card and it's actually for my 2019 annual checkup. However, they don't send these letters out until near the end of the year so it sets one to scrambling to get appointment in time. Doctor just has to sign that I attended last years appointment.

Have a good one. 

7 comments:

  1. Your new hair colour turned out great! You were one busy gal last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your hair. I think it will look very nice when you have finished with the procedure.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks pretty and healthy.
    You are one very busy lady...good for you.
    Feel better soon and have a great week 💮

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair color looks good. I don't think the color of hair makes one look older or younger. It's all about how you think and act!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add me to the list of those liking your hair.
    Yet another busy week.
    I hope that your health continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I too like your hair.

    Hoping you feel better soon.
    Take care, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hair!!!
    Hope you are feeling better. Perhaps it was that awful lunch you mentioned that triggered it?

    ReplyDelete