Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday Roundup

Good Friday morning all.  It's been a busy one for me.  Went to the center each day and in the evenings took my time taking the Christmas decorations down.  All that is left now is the tree.


Decided not to set up my fairy village for this season.  My living room was becoming much too cramped.  It's not that huge even though in this picture it looks so....


It also serves as a dining area because I don't have an eat in kitchen.

The other day I got an email from Capital One informing me that they had denied payment for an Amazon order because my new card had not been activated yet.  It is actually a Walmart card, but Capital One had taken over and issued me a new card.  The problem is, I hadn't received my new card....which they informed me was mailed to me on December 19th.  Our mail has been pretty messed up lately, ever since our regular mailman retired.  I am always finding other people's mail in my box so I imagine that someone got my new card in their box and were terribly dishonest.  Fortunately for me it was caught in time.  New card with new number is on the way.  

I also called the post office and let them have it.  When we find someone else's mail in our box we put it on the lobby window sill.  One day I saw someone's bank statement there.  That is not good at all...and now that I am aware that not all of my neighbors is honest, I shall be extra careful.

I'm not really a hat person and bought the above for a gift, then realized I already had a gift for that person, and being that I fell in love with this one, I kept it.  Wore it the other day and forgot to take off the tag.  No wonder people were looking at me.

Speaking of gifts, I know it is the thought that counts, but sometimes you just can't help being disappointed.  I have a friend at the center who I gave a nice Christmas gift to.  I purchased a gold chain and an amethyst pendant and made her  a beautiful necklace, a bar of homemade soap I bought on Etsy, and a scented Christmas votive, also purchased on Etsy.  She gave me 2 roll on pain relievers which I don't use and some face mask which went straight to the garbage because no one I knew would want it.  Then on Wednesday I see she gave another peer her gift.  It was a nice face cream and body lotion.  I was kind of hurt.  I believe Christmas gifts to friends should be something to let them know you think they are special, not something that makes them feel old.  Am I wrong? 

Have a wonderful weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Your home looks very nice and your tree is lovely.
    I am sorry to hear about your credit card problem.
    I do hope that you are able to get things straightened out.
    The lady who gave you the gifts of roll on pain relievers and a face mask may have thought that she was helping you but due to allergies and such that someone may have, it wasn't an appropriate gift to give.

    Have a lovely day ☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she did, but it was just not something one gives for a Christmas gift. To me it's like the hubby who keeps giving the wife items such as toasters and irons, nice gifts, yes, but sometimes you want something special, especially since I went out of my way to find that amethyst crystal for her. I remembered that it was her birthstone.

      Delete
    2. It certainly wasn't a festive present and truth be told your gift was from the heart.
      Have a great day Mary ☕

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear about the mail issues and your friends attitude to gift giving.
    I am very glad you were up to going to the Centre every day though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can continue. Pain is getting worse and more widespread. See the doctor on the 25th.

      Delete
  3. I hope the new credit card reaches you safely this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so. They really have to take better care of our mail

      Delete
  4. My husband says he old quite often, and I refuse to use term old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not too. I don't even believe the phrase 'you are only as old as you feel' because, darn it, my body does feel old. Instead I believe 'you are only as old as you act.'

      Delete
  5. That hat does look super cosy :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you were right to feel hurt. Next year, if you give her anything, make it a small gift. Don't go out of your way.

    ReplyDelete