Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Tuesday Ramble--All About Books

Had a long weekend what with Martin Luther King day.  And boy, was it ever a cold one.  So glad I didn't have to go out in it.  It's cold this morning, too, but not as windy so it won't feel as bad.

Been doing a lot of reading this weekend.   Bought a used book from Kindle about holistic treatment of arthritis.

'Arthritis Survival: The Holistic Medical Treatment Program for Osteoarthritis'.  It's a good book, but I've read most of this already.  However, as my body continues to deteriorate I continue to look for ways I haven't tried before, and the author does offer some good advice while  addressing the multiple causes of arthritis (unhealthy diet and nutrition, poor sleep, stress, inactivity, environmental causes, negative beliefs and attitudes, etc.

One thing I've done is started reading on my Kindle Fire again.  I took a 3 month trial out on Kindle Unlimited and have been reading magazines and all kinds of books.  It's up in March, but I do think I will keep it up as even at $9.99 a month it does save me a lot of money.   You are allowed to borrow up to 10 books and magazines at a time, and as your return them, you get more.

Got a few cookbooks:


Poetry



 Fiction



And non-fiction






 

12 comments:

  1. I check out books from my digital library on my Kindle. Also am subscribed to a couple of services that tell me when books on subjects I'm interested in, are on sale for less than $1 or are free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. I get an email every morning about free books for the day, but I love Kindle Unlimited. Definitely a keeper.

      Delete
  2. That Kindle is going to be keeping you busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had given it up for awhile, but books were getting out of hand.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a great selection. I still prefer hard copy books - which probably makes me a dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do prefer hard cover books, but have no room for anymore. So this allows me to keep reading....and save money to boot.

      Delete
  4. Never heard of two pagan books you mention. I haven't read for a while. And no excuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love real books but have no room for them anymore.

      Delete
  5. Great idea for those of us who love to read everyday. You sure have some great reads here.
    Have a great day 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't using my Kindle for awhile now, but limited space has made me start again.

      Delete
  6. This certainly looks a good selection … enjoy :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete