Monday, January 20, 2020

Monday This and That

Monday morning and no place to go.  Center is closed for Martin Luther King day, and it is so cold and windy out there.  Another day to just hang around the apartment.  


Spent a lot of time with Isobel over the weekend.  She really tempts me to get another one, but I'm really not up to it financially or healthwise.  It's been nice playing and cuddling with her, but one must be prepared for many years of care...and I just can't make any promises.

Guess what!  I got into a focus group that all happens from my home.  All it involves is trying out a product for 5 days and talking about it with others on their blog.  And it pays $300.  And if you're chosen for a home visit it's another $150.  Awesome.  Really can use this money.  As usual, I overdid Christmas.  

I was also elected to the senior council at the center.  I'll be it's secretary.  Gives me some say in what goes on there.   Also gives me the opportunity to sit in on the food committee.  I have some ideas for that already.

Had a wee bit of snow on Saturday afternoon so I got out early and got all my shopping done.  Have plenty of food so I have no need to go out until tomorrow.  Much as I love going to the center, in this cold weather I welcome a chance to stay in. 

I am wanting to get my hair gray. It's time. Spoke to my beautician (do we call them that anymore?) and she said my hair was light enough but a bit too much red. She suggested I put an ash color on to mute it so I bought ash blond. Now I'm scared. Don't know what it's going to look like. I want to do it this morning, but.... Oh well, it will wash out won't it?

10 comments:

  1. You know, once upon a time, you could buy "gray" hair color - color that would enhance the gray already growing in but no more. Be brave - the ash blonde may not wash out but it will fade with washings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a new gray out. Gray blonde and it is gorgeous. That's what I am aiming for.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your week is off to a great start. Good luck with the hair dye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your hair colour. I am letting my hair do its thing and I like the grey mix. Just as well.
    Isobel looks just like our Jazz. I so understand why you are not ready to have another cat. And how much you would love one.
    Good luck with the new focus group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish I could just let my hair grow out, but the gray doesn't match well with my color. Hence adding the ash color.

      Delete
  4. I am sure that if you asked, you could cat sit Isobel more often. That is a good way to have a cat without the responsibility or cost.

    It sure was cold out today and a good one to stay at home where it is warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two more days with Isobel. In a way, I'll be glad not to have to get dressed early in the morning and run next door.

      Delete
  5. I believe our senior center is open. I know on menu they were serving a meal today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some around the area were open, but our closes for all the holidays.

      Delete