Monday, January 6, 2020

Monday This and That

Good morning everyone.  Ready for the new week?  It's a bit chilly this morning, but can't complain about the weather temperature wise. It's been a pretty warm beginning to the new year.  Friday and Saturday were wet, yes, but not torrential rains.  Just that annoying misty rain that doesn't go away.

Had a busy weekend.  On Saturday I went to put money on my metrocard, put cash in the bank to cover my bills, and do a bit of shopping.  I needed the ingredients for my pernil soup.


Hubby had bought such a huge pernil, and I just hate to throw any away so two meals are in the freezer and we had the soup on Saturday.  I have to make another to take to my Goddaughter's house...when everyone is finally well.

Speaking of cash.  That's one of my goals this year.  Pay off or pay down credit cards and stop buying so much.  Online shopping has become quite addictive to me, and I can easily spiral out of control.  Time to rein things in.  I spend a lot on books so I enrolled in a 3 month trial of Kindle Unlimited for 99 cent a month.  After that it's $9.99 a month.  It's working out well, too.  I can read as many books a month that I want.

Also made a pot of American goulash for this week.  Had the sauce already made and in the freezer.  Had to make some room.

I was busy, busy, busy in the kitchen.  I felt like having something Mexican and found a great recipe for Black Bean Chelaquili.  Of course, changed a few things around to make it mine....and so glad I did.  It was a delicious meatless meal.  Served it with a Greek Salad.  Go figure. 



Dinner last night for me. So yummy. Made with corn tortillas, black beans made with salsa, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder, and topped with Mexican 4 cheeses. Served with avocado and tomato cucumber salad.

Had a bit of a scare yesterday.  Woke up and found my balance was all off. Was staggering and holding onto the walls just to make it to the bathroom.  As the day wore on it got better, and this morning it is gone.  Seems to have been coming from the ear I have some hearing loss in.  Must have had a fluid buildup.  

Have a wonderful day.
 



17 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, enjoy all those delicious meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delicious looking post today...yummmmm!
    I must admit that I have cut back on buying books.
    You can pay down your debts and also pay off your debts. It will not be as hard as some think it is but it will take determination.
    Have a beautiful day ☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely starting this month. Have to get everything down so if I need something in an emergency, I have something to fall back on.

      Delete
    2. Been there and done that...you can do it, too 💮

      Delete
  3. Your food looks delicious!!!

    Good luck with the balance...hopefully that malady was a one and done deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I sure do hope it doesn't come back. It was quite scary when it was happening.

      Delete
  4. I suspect you are right about the balance thing.
    Your cookathon will pay dividends for some time to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read that disequilibrium is usually nothing serious and since I do have the ear issues, I am sure that is where it came from.

      Delete
  5. … you have been busy in the kitchen. It all looks and sounds great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have no room in the freezer. Time to take a break from cooking.

      Delete
  6. I have vertigo so I know how you must have felt. I fear falling when I get it and it can come on all of a sudden. So far, just a few bruises.

    Your food, as usual, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful. Falling is my biggest fear as wll.

      Delete
  7. All that food is making my mouth water. I been having issue with my ears also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One never thinks about how their ears effect the entire body until something happens.

      Delete