Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year From My Family to Yours


Hi all.  Thanks for bearing with me during my break. Everything was just catching up to me all at once.  Still have issues, but working on them.  Learning to deal better with my pain.  In all honesty, I was really beginning to worry that I was going to lose my mobility, but that was just my over-active mind working.  Even if I do, it will be a good long while.

As usual, our Christmas plans went awry, and we have yet to celebrate our big family Christmas nor my Christmas with my Goddaughter....but I get ahead of myself.  Christmas Eve was wonderful.  My two youngest, who live in New York, met me at church for Christmas Mass.


 Afterwards, we headed to the house for a feast.

 Shrimp sauteed in butter and garlic for hubby.

 Two huge pans of lasagna.
 
 Meatballs, sausage, and ribs.  Yummy.

We also had buffalo wings, chips and dip, candy, cookies, jelly donuts (in honor of my Jewish ancestors), and Christmas cupcakes.  

All in all, it was a wonderful evening....despite the fact that my Goddaughter decided to invite us to spend Christmas Eve there.....at the last minute....and then got mad at us when we said we couldn't do it.  Now, I WOULD have invited them here, but my place is small, I have lots of breakables, and she has the most unmanageable kids in the city.  I've mentioned them before.  The littlest runs around non-stop throwing things at you and calling you a bitch, the 7 year old has been put out of two schools, and after school program, and  told she can no longer attend the Fresh Air Fund.  The teen age girl is a young prostitute.  The only good one is the boy who does well in school and plans on leaving home as soon as he graduates.  The problem is my Goddaughter DOES NOT discipline.  And says it is all someone else's fault.  Just can't understand why they are not wanted anyplace.

I woke up Christmas morning sicker than I have been in over 50 years.  Stomach flu.  The pernil went into freezer for another day, and I went right back to bed where I spent the entire day.  We were supposed to go to New Jersey on the 28 for Christmas there, but the day before my granddaughter found herself nursing 3 sick children.  One was vomiting, the other had a croup like cough, and the third a fever and ear infection so that was out.  Then we planned on New Year's Day over there, but my daughter and my son are both sick.  So, like last year, Christmas waits on us. 

Whew!!!  That was a lot.  

Just put my pernil in the oven.  It will only be hubby and I.  A quiet day.  

May you all have a wonderful New Year.

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year 🎉
    My goodness you are going through so much sickness...I am so sorry to hear about this.
    Christmas is a season for wearing out our health and flu bugs and also overdoing things.
    I am so happy that you you re back blogging.
    Have a great 2020 and your meals sound and look scrumptious!!!

    Best Wishes 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been that sick in 50 years. Could barely make it into the bathroom. Looking forward to a healthier New year. Wishing you the same.

      Delete
  2. Well, at least you had a wonderful Christmas Eve! Sorry to hear you and everyone around you were so sick with flu, etc. But glad you're feeling better now. Happy New Year! May 2020 bring you lots of good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sick isn't the word for it. One by one we came down with something. Looking forward to good things this year.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry and hope you are completely recovered.
    Happy New Year - and a happy delayed Christmas when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that every year we have a delayed Christmas, but I really think that helps me. I tend to get depressed when the holidays are over so this gives me something to look forward to.

      Delete
  4. Hoping your and your family are feeling better and get to spend time together soon.
    Happy New Year!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Probably won't be a get together until the end of January. Hope you had a great holiday.

      Delete
  5. I have missed you too!! I'm sorry about your pain! I'm happy you're keeping going! I love the pictures and I love all the food! So yummy! So sorry about all the sickness! I hope everyone is better now! Here's to a great, healthy 2020!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sickness is still making its rounds through the family. It's all over the place. No avoiding it. Wishing you all the best for the coming year and beyond.

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry to read this, I hope you are fully recovered now.

    My good wishes for 2020, and enjoy your family get-together when it happens :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete