Friday, January 3, 2020

Friday Roundup

Good Friday morning everyone.  Funny how this has been such a busy week, but this seems like any normal Friday.  It's warm and drizzling out this morning.  I am thankful it is not snow. 

I went to the center on Monday and Tuesday. I hadn't been there the week before, and it was good to be back among my friends.  Loneliness was getting to me.   We all brought goodies left over from Christmas, and I am happy to say that I had only TWO cookies and NO candy.  Getting sick last week made me realize how badly I needed to get back on track because not only did I come down with a tummy flu, but I had not been admitting to myself that my crappy diet was stirring up my IBS which has been in remission for years.  

 A very special friend gave me this gift.  It means the world to me.

Been making simple dinners for myself.  

Chicken broccoli stir fry.  Simple.  Very simple.  Three ingredients--broccoli, chicken, and teriyaki.  On days I go to the center I eat half the food there and bring the other half home for dinner.

There is an organization called "Bay Ridge Rocks".  They go around the neighborhood painting large rocks.  They gifted all of us at the center with a hand painted rock for the holidays.  This is the one that I chose.

New Year's Day dinner consisted the the pernil I was too sick to cook on Christmas.

It was so good.  Had it with arroz gondulas, carrots and string beans.  Had the leftovers last night.  Put some in the freezer for a future meal and put some aside for soup.  I make it just like I make my turkey soup.  Lots of veggies and seasonings.  Can't wait.

Have a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

  1. It is so nice to have you blogging again.
    I enjoy hearing about your visits to the center and your friends you have there.
    Your recipes always sound "yummy"!
    I love the stone painting...so pretty.
    May this year bring you good health and much happiness 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may start painting stones at the center. I will definitely take part in that.

      Delete
    2. Painting stones sounds like fun and there are so many possibilities to be creative 🎨

      Delete
  2. Yes, rich fatty food can do a real number on the intestinal system, I find. Simple is best indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I new better, but sometimes you just don't think.

      Delete
  3. The gift your friend made for you is truly precious. A gift of love.
    Hooray for simple meals - and for getting back to see your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a heartwarming gift. I treasure it.

      Delete
  4. I find painting rocks relaxing. people does them here and it called "North Idaho Rocks"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like fun. I hope they don't cancel it.

      Delete
  5. It always feel good to get back to our schedule after the holidays.

    Our town also encourages people to paint rocks, but small ones, with positive words and place them around town for others to find them. I have found a few but have not yet contributed. That would be a nice winter project for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken broccoli stir fry! Definitely yummy!

    I do like your painted rock.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading this! It's so good to read your blog after so long. :) Chicken and broccoli stirfry. Yummy!

    I've been away from bl9gger for a couple of years, and decided i missed it, so i'm back. So looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete