Monday, September 30, 2019

Monday This and That

Good morning everyone.  How was your weekend?  Let's see.  What's been going on?  

On Friday they started work with the heavy equipment at 6:40 am. You'd better believe I was on the phone calling 311 with a complaint. They are NOT allowed to begin until 7 am. Only a 20 minute difference, but I'm not letting them get away with anything. Not a happy camper here, and I'm keeping watch on them. On weekends they can work from 8-5 (read their permit) but they didn't show up.  Good.  I wrote an angry letter to the building department and the Community Board.  Residents should have at least two days of peace and quiet, especially when they working within one foot of someone's bedroom window.   Of course, they won't do anything about it.  They don't care.  Money talks after all.


Made this on Friday in jewelry class.


Saturday I slept til 8 am (late for me), got up, had breakfast, made a couple pair of earrings and went right back to sleep for another 4 hours.  I really needed it.

Sunday I got up and headed to the bank and did some shopping.  Later hubby and I went to Kohl's to get some new pillows, sheets, and a comforter.   Afterwards we had a delicious dinner at my favorite restaurant--Olive Garden.  My eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Linguini, meat sauce, meatballs, and sausages.  Brought over half of it home.

Have a wonderful day.




8 comments:

  1. Ugh. Construction. Right next door? Double ugh. Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely necklace and earrings. The construction noise and dust must be awful. Positive thoughts from here to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nightmare. Everything in my china closet is shaking.

      Delete
  3. A big, big sigh about the construction. And all the rules they only follow if they feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they may be running into problems next door. Sure hope so. Then they can put a halt on it.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about the problems with the builders.
    Here in the UK we have something called 'Considerate Construction'. Of course you get some firms who are more considerate than others, but there are rules that should be followed!

    I do like your jewellery.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jewellery is stunning! Love all the pieces! The pasta looks so good! Again, so sorry about the construction! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete