Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Morning all.  Had a wonderful time yesterday although the music was a bit loud for my taste.  Was afraid my tinnitus would be ringing off the hook, but thankfully it didn't really effect it.  

A couple of friends from the center.  The man with the long hair and sunglasses is in my computer class.  The older man is in my art class.


Huge hot dog and so yummy.  They also had chicken and salad, but I have them all the time.  Wanted something different.


The guy with the dark shirt is the councilman and in the red shirt our senator.


 My friends Dorothy and Harvey.


Carmen and Christine.

Came home yesterday to find them digging in the lot next door. I looked online to see if a permit was issued to build.  Nothing listed.  Will check for permits when I leave tomorrow morning.  I've been dreading this.  If they build I lose all my light and fresh air.  The new building will block everything. 

Today we have the month party.  The month's them is Barn Dancing.  Haven't done that in over 40 years, not since I left New Jersey.    Should be a fun day.  Have a good one.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have busy days, good friends, and fun times. City person that I am, I don't know what 'Barn Dancing' is - Celtic or Square or CW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Square dancing. I was a country girl before I became a city girl 47 years ago, but I still remembered.

      Delete
  2. I hope they don't get such a permit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not. It's really gonna mess us up. Of course, I do like spending time in the dark....but not when it's still daytime.

      Delete
  3. Sadly if it is anything like here they will get a permit (even if they have started work without one). I hope not, for your sake.
    Love that you find friends where ever you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I knew what was going on. I do know they had an issue with digging a deep hole for a basement. think it has something to do with the structure of our building.

      Delete
  4. Oh how I hope that you will be able to keep your fresh air and light instead of having a big building block it all.
    You have such wonderful friends and live life actively...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Not only will I lose all that but my electric bill will shoot up.

      Delete
  5. Looks like it was a great time!

    I’ve got my fingers crossed for nothing to be going into that lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope not. Got used to having it empty. Lots of sun.

      Delete
  6. I do so hope that you will be able to keep your fresh air and light and not have a big building block!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time! Nice pictures! I hope they don't get a permit! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete