Monday, September 23, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Monday morning arrived very quickly this week.  Had a busy time this weekend.  Packed away a few summer items, got out more fall, made a gift for my computer teacher.  This week is graduation, and she has been so nice I want to give her something.  Can't believe how quickly this ten weeks passed by.


When I came home on Friday I stopped to get a closer look at the building permit. Shocked to see that it says EIGHT STORIES. That's two stories higher than the one in the picture above. You can just imagine how tall that building is going to be. When I get angry I cry, and I came in shaking and in tears. Called the Community Board and spoke to a woman who is going to try to help me find out what's going on. Permits are up, but I can't find any filings in the building department other than the one for demolition of the two houses in 2017. Nothing since. 

Are they phony permits? Makes me wonder. Then again maybe they haven't been listed yet....although they should be. Plus I think members of the community should be notified of things like this that change the face of the entire community and take away the quality of life of individuals who have lived there for years. If all this is true, and they are allowed to build that high, there will be 8 families in my building who will be affected. 

This photo  shows just how close it is going to be to me. The bottom window is my bedroom. Again this picture from my kitchen.

Woke up to this on Saturday.  They haven't started work yet, but this really shows how close this 8 story building will be.


Finally made it to the Farmer's Market.  Not much there.


But I did get some juicy beefsteak tomatoes from Jersey.  Yummy.  Let me tell you though.  If I didn't have  vouchers I couldn't buy from here.  So expensive.  3 tomatoes and 2 sweet potatoes for $6.70.  

Off to the center today. Have a wonderful day.

15 comments:

  1. Oh! I am so sorry Mary!!!
    How can they get a permit to CRAM IN an eight story building in that small space.
    I can't help but wonder if your landlord knew about this and didn't warn his tenants because you would all move out!
    It will feel so claustrophobic for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same as you. And my Community Board is totally worthless. They don't respond to calls, emails, and messages.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's me and the other 7 families who live on this side of the building. Myself and the people next door will have the worst of it since we are on the ground floor, but all of us are going to be affected.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry for the injustice. There is too much of that sort of thing going on these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I have a worthless Community Board who never and responded to me. All they had to say was 'we hear ya, but our hands are tied' but instead they choose to ignore.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry to read this …

    On a positive note those beefsteak tomatoes from Jersey do look good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good. Still have more vouchers so I will be going back for more.

      Delete
  5. Yuck to the building up close! That is no fun!!! We chose our apartment based on the trees that give us privacy off our balcony...one looks like it may be dying...we worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I will see when I look out of any of my windows is a slab of gray.

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry about all of this Mary! Sending you the best of wishes, that this all turns out right! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete