Thursday, September 12, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends

My daughter and my oldest son.

This was my money tree before hubby got hold of it.  It's gone now.

My beautiful guardian angel of pets.

Beautiful bush at Brooklyn College.

The Lost River at Bertrand's Island, a small amusement park that was located in Lake Hopatcong, NJ.  We used to go there every Thursday.  This was such a fun ride.  

To this day the Scrambler is one of my favorite rides.

My Gypsy Soul necklace.

This is the Family Tree book I made for my daughter.  It took months and hundreds of pages to type it up.

One of my few cactus plants that is growing.  I really have not had much luck with them.

Chicken and pepper stir fry.

My son, daughter, myself, and grandson.

A surprise birthday gift from hubby.  So appreciated because he knew how health conscious I was and chose fruit instead of candy. I sure enjoyed that fruit.

Beautiful jewelry box from my son.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of your family and wow on the gift from your son...how beautiful.
    Your hubby was totally considerate with his gift to you.
    Love the angel and the necklace...both are so you Mary.
    Cactus and succulents are n't as easy to care for as some think.
    Have a lovely day~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely far more difficult than regular house plants for me. Only have one left out of six.

      Delete
  2. Very nice odds and ends photos. I also have a family tree book - well actually 5 three ring binders. It's an interesting and frustrating hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely has it's frustrating moments. Especially when it comes to female ancestors. Have a few brick walls I have been looking for for several years now.

      Delete
  3. As always I love your family photos, and the snippets from your life - then and now.
    Both gifts are so well thought out, and obviously given with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so enjoyed that fruit. Was just what I needed.

      Delete
  4. So nice to see all of your family photographs.
    What lovely gifts too.

    A definite YUM for the Chicken and pepper stir fry.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chicken and I love veggies. Not too much meat on my menu for me. Hubby can have it.

      Delete
  5. very nice Photos of you, your son, daughter and grand son ….
    foods look delicious...yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall the scrambler, and now as I get older I would worry about an up-set stomach.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love the scrambler. Got hubby on it a couple of years back. He wasn't so keen on it.

      Delete