Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Morning all.  Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day.  Mine was quiet.  Stayed in, made my rice and beans, and did some of my fall decorating.  The sky was gray all morning  with a threat of rain by afternoon.  My friends had invited me to join them at a cookout at the American Legion, but $25 for a hamburger and hot dog was a bit steep for me.  Besides, I didn't want to leave hubby alone all day.

Also had a lot of pain this weekend.  A major flare due to the weather changes.  Had a new one.  I woke up with my ankle aching.  That hasn't happened to me before.  It's feeling better now.  I'm hoping it doesn't happen again, but just in case I ordered an ankle brace.  I've got braces for everything.  Back, knees, wrists, and now ankle.  Getting old is no joke.  

Could have resulted from all the walking I did Saturday.  The feast was still on and I had to walk quite a bit carrying two heavy bags.  Oh, if I only had my metrocard.  Could have hopped on the bus and gone to the other supermarket after the bank.


I'm looking forward to seeing my friends today.  Missed it yesterday, but the extra day did give me a chance to get things done around the house...very slowly but did accomplish quite a bit.  





 Have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

  1. I am glad that you accomplished so much (albeit slowly). It always makes a day feel better doesn't it? And yes, aging is not for sissies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, and I do enjoy fall decorations...even more than Christmas decor.

      Delete
  2. Looking very seasonal around your place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been waiting for this. I t was so hard to put it off until September.

      Delete
  3. Nice - looks fall-ish-ly Halloweenie at your house. It's still summer here ugh so haven't even thought about pumpkins and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've still got some heat and humidity here, but Sept. 1 is always my day. Love the fall.

      Delete
  4. Fall has come early to your home and it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hasn't come outdoors yet. Get some cooler weather and then heat and humidity return.

      Delete
  5. I do like your fall decorations, lovely photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such lovely photos, a beautiful autumn approaching!😊
    I am really sorry you are suffering so much pain. You have my sincere sympathy. I have been enduring neck and shoulder pain, and that is bad enough! I do so feel for you.🙁

    Sending you healing hugs ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your decorations! Please take care of yourself! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete