Friday, September 27, 2019

Friday Roundup

The end of another busy week.  Twas a rough one health wise.  Suffered from my allergies terribly.  My own fault.  Figured I wasn't going out on Saturday so skipped my allergy pill and by mid-afternoon had a full-fledged allergy attack.  Slept an hour or two.  I was exhausted Monday evening but my sciatica acted up, and no matter how I lay I had pain.  Another tossing and turning night.

Had our Wellness Group Monday.  There are two people who only want to talk about themselves.  Whatever the subject, they change it to their own personal problems.  I spoke to the facilitator afterwards and told her that I'm thinking of dropping out.  One time we were going to talk about pain and one of them said, "Oh I don't want to talk about that" and last week the topic was pollution and health.  

Well, neither of the self talkers were there.  The facilitator asked those of us who were there if we wanted group sessions or did we want a group to learn something.  Every one of us raised our hand that we wanted to learn something.  So one group a month will be for those who want to talk about themselves and the other three those of us who want to learn. They also announced they are going to concentrate more on nutrition.  About time. And bring the cooking group back.  You know I have been waiting for that.   

Got my fall personal body scents in the mail this week.  Loving every one of them.  Time to pack what's left of the summer away.

Graduated from computer class yesterday.






 My teacher.

Had first practice for the singing show in the afternoon. So far no lines for me since I'm a late comer and script already written out.  I do sing in the chorus, though.  That's good enough for me.  There will be two shows the third week of November and the proceeds go to wounded warriors.  

Have a wonderful weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are looking up at the Centre! And now you can tell everyone you're a chorus girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a good facilitator and now everybody should be happy.

    Singing in the chorus will be wonderful. There is less stress and it is wonderful to sing with a group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but now I may get a line. Someone dropped out.

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm so glad things are improving at the center.
    It is always unhelpful when you have people who only want to talk about themselves, rather than all take an interest in each other.
    You're officially a Chorus Girl!👍 WOW...that must feel really good!
    How I wish I could hear you sing...😊😊

    Have a super weekend!

    Hugs ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't want to hear me. Trust me.

      Delete
    2. Oh I'm sure I would! You haven't heard me sing...I tried kharioke once...and sounded like a strangled cat!!! Lol

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on finishing the course - and hooray for a facilitator who makes room for people to learn. Those me, me, me talkfests do my head in, and cause my blood pressure to rise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran 5 groups a week where people talked about themselves. I can't take anymore of it.

      Delete
  5. Yes I am pro learning something.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy weeks are the best weeks. Congrats on becoming a computer pro!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're well over your allergies by now. Wonderful that you have such an understanding facilitator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on receiving your certificate :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the computer course!! I'm glad you spoke up at the centre! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete