Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday Roundup

Another busy week.  On Monday we had Wellness Class, and after lunch I went to the salon for a hair cut.  I was a walk-in and had to wait for 3 people, but it was okay.  I figured since I was there and had put it off so long, I'd wait around.  My hair was so totally out of control.  Had to be done.

On Tuesday had computer class in the morning and art class in the afternoon.  Paid my $3 for the monthly party which named Barn Dancing this month.  Have done a good barn dance since my teen years and hoping my back is healed enough to participate.  However, their idea of barn dance and mine could be two different things.  Will let you know next week. 

Dropped out of one of my FB groups Wednesday night.  The administrators were banning everyone from posting anything about 9/11, and if one did, it was going to be deleted.  It was too political.  I say SHAME ON THEM.   Nothing political about showing respect and honoring those who died that day.  And this from a hippie group that posted things about the Kent State riot of 1970.  Again I say, SHAME ON THEM.


Can't resist taking a picture of a beautiful sky.  This was early morning.  By mid-day it was gray and foreboding.

Thursday was computer class.  Sadly, one of the our peers passed away.  Most of us are still in shock.  He was a wonderful man who was loved by all.  

Today I'm headed in early for exercise.  I do a half hour of Tai Chi and a half hour of arthritis exercises.  After lunch is jewelry making.  Focusing on earrings this week.

Made this to give to my daughter for Christmas.  It's pearls and crystals.  Actually very pretty, but I'm still working with this bad phone camera.  Maybe one day soon I'll have a new one.

Have a wonderful weekend.

11 comments:

  1. You have the patience of a saint to wait around for your haircut...good for you. I believe I wouldn't be able to :)

    You keep yourself so busy and have so many activities to help keep you feeling younger...another thumbs up.

    I couldn't belong to a group where they censor what I can say...this is America, Freedom of Speech and all that.

    Love the necklace you made... beautiful.

    Have a lovely day 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was determined to get it done that day. Besides a little Chinese girl was getting a much shorter cut and was not a happy camper. I got such a kick out of watching her pout and her mom and day trying to make her feel better.

      Delete
  2. Even if your camera isn’t what you would like, the necklace still shows how lovely it is. Your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she does. I know she usually doesn't wear beaded necklaces, but this is pearls and crystals. Hoping she likes it.

      Delete
  3. The necklace is lovely. Will you make earrings to match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. I purposely saved a few pearls and stones.

      Delete
  4. Love that sky.
    And your artwork. So much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot resist a pretty sky. Can you imagine if I lived in the country?

      Delete
  5. What a busy and fun week! I can’t wait to hear about the barn dance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks such a beautiful sky.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete