Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good Tuesday morning.  Another nice day here in Brooklyn.  Nothing on my agenda though.  Have to do some rice and beans for hubby and maybe work on some jewelry.  I've lots of gifts to make.  

Had a great time yesterday at the center.  Wellness class had nothing to do with wellness, but it was fun.  Lunch was fantastic.  BBQ chicken, macaroni and cheese, collard greens and an apple.  (dread seeing the scale this week, but I did have salad for dinner).  In Food for Life we made little pizzas.  Oh my, so yummy.


Remember when they tore the houses down next door to me?  Well, this is what it has looked like ever since.  From what I hear, they have problems getting the permits and have been going back and forth to court.  Meanwhile, this is an eyesore.  My apartment is the first floor windows on the while building next door.  Hoping that this gets cleaned up, but hoping that they never get their permit as it will block all the light and air from my apartment.


Meanwhile, this is the beauty in the front my building.  What a difference!

Don't you just hate company that invites themselves and then don't leave?  Now don't get me wrong.  I love company.  I love shopping for, cooking, and feeding people.  I love the fun of planning.  I don't like it when I'm not given a choice. 

I'd had been looking forward to a quiet evening when hubby's sister, her daughter, and he daughter's 4 kids showed up.  Well, to be honest, I DID know that they were coming.  Hubby just bought a new car and they were getting his old one for a 'steal'.  They were just supposed to come and get the car.  Well, they did more than that.

They came at 5 and ended up leaving at 10:30.  We'd not expected them so already I felt bad that I had nothing besides water and some WW cookies and chips to offer them.  Had I known I would have been more prepared.  Well, about 8 they asked hubby where a good Spanish restaurant was in the area.  Inside I breathed a side of relief which  turned toward an inner groan when they decided they would order in.  Well, I don't keep paper plates on hand, and since they didn't ask the restaurant to send them, I had to dig out all my dishes from my China closet.  

Suffice it to say, it was an evening I thought would never end.  Hubby and I had already eaten so we sat and watched them eat.  (They did offer us).  And since we have a small apartment, seating is at a premium.  Hubby ended up sitting on our step stool and I was in an uncomfortable seat.  I wanted my rocker and heating pad, but when one kid got up, another grabbed it.  I know, I should have made them get up, but, it's a long story of why I didn't so I'll leave that for another day.

12 comments:

  1. "hoping that they never get their permit as it will block all the light and air from my apartment."... hopefully, your dream come true that they don't get permit at all....

    Have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been awhile now. I think it has something to do with a basement. To build a tall building you need a deep basement and to do so may interfere with the structure of our building.

      Delete
  2. I must say that family or not...they were rude.
    I do hope they improve on how long to visit when you just drop by.
    You are right Mary...that is a horrible sight to see out of your window!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention how they go in the refrigerator and take things as well.

      Delete
  3. I do feel for you, having that view each time you look out that window.
    Sigh on the rudeness of self-invited guests. A five and a half visit is waaaay too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only saving grace with that view is the kitties that come through the empty lot to visit.

      Delete
  4. I do love company also but I like them to leave at a reasonable time. It is so awkward when the clock is ticking past that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when it wasn't an invite and you are not prepared.

      Delete
  5. Collard Green I do love them.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too and they make them delicious at the center.

      Delete
  6. Those pink blooms are just lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so pretty and delicate. They planted six of those bushes.

      Delete