Monday, May 13, 2019

Monday Morning This and That


Good morning everyone.  As we start a new week, I sit back and reflect on this past weekend.  Sort of a washout in more days than one.

Friday's Senior Expo was a total disastor.  Far too many people and loud, so very loud.  My friend told me the emcees loved the sound of their voices and kept on and on and on.  At one point I put my hands over my ears and fought back tears.  My poor tinnitus.  Had I known I would have brought the new ear plugs I bought so I could go to the movies. 

There was no education on health matters.  Basically, the booths were all set up to make sales.  Banks trying to get you to open an account, insurance companies trying to get your business, lawyers, mortgage brokers, etc.  You get the picture.  The speakers were boring.  Two spoke about how their hospitals treat prostate issues, the lawyer talked about putting your house in a medicaid trust, and a woman who worked in an adult day care was trying to drum up business.

The only saving grace would have been the yummy Continental Breakfast...had I been able to enjoy it.  People were gluttons...and that includes those who had booths.  Plates were piled sky high.  Some had 3 or 4 muffins on their plates.  I remember when I was working, hitting the breakfast table was a no no for those of us who had booths.  That was for the clients.  Here, it was  a free for all.  I stood, with a cane, mind you, while a 20 something insurance salesman piled the last of the muffins on his plate.  Totally disgusted me.  

Went to the center afterwards.  Fortunately, they saved a sandwich for us.  



Made this set in class.

On Saturday I ran all my errands.  Stocked up on fruit and salad.  Fortunately, I love both so it's not a hardship for me to work towards getting back under goal.  It's the sweets that get me, and I didn't buy any this week.  I did buy walnuts.  They are very good for the heart.  It's a shame, though, that they are so many points at WW.

Yesterday was a total washout, and my old bones felt it.  I was so achy the entire day.  Had to break down and take a couple Aleves, but the way I felt yesterday, the pain outweighed the ringing in my ears and I went for it.  Fortunately, the ringing didn't spike this time.

It's still raining this morning.  This is one of the wettest springs that I remember.  It seems every other day.  I'm off to the center for wellness class in a short while.  

Have a wonderful day.



15 comments:

  1. Your jewelry is beautiful! So sad that some people see free food as an opportunity to pig out, gluttons, you got that right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a huge disappointment for sure. I will not go again next year.

      Delete
  2. Too bad the Seniors Expo was so crappy. I hope your week coming up is much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not believe how those who had booths pushed up front to grab the food. We are all retired on limited budgets and that was big treat for us. They get paid very well.

      Delete
  3. Too bad the expo didn't meet your expectations. That is not good...I hate when things like that are all about drumming up business. Love the jewelry. Hang in there- today will be better! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed. I am always looking for education regarding health. Not one thing on blood pressure or arthritis.

      Delete
  4. People always have to ruin ANYTHING GOOD because they are usually thoughtless, self-serving and selfish idiots. I am sorry that you had to deal with that crap!

    Yes, I can relate to the rain issue - it rained ALL DAY yesterday for Mother's Day and it will rain most of this week as well they say - getting really sick of it but what can we do, right? ; - p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain all day again today. I am looking forward to some sun whenever it gets here.

      Delete
  5. Love your jewellery.
    Sigh on the wasted say and the flair up of your health issues.
    Rain? Send it this way. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could send it your way. It never seems to end here.

      Delete
  6. I'm in Missouri, and we have had so much rain and cloudiness this spring. My arthritis always seems worse on rainy days.

    Take heart, though, we finally had bright sunshine here all day. It felt so good. Mother Nature and I are sending it your way, it should get there in a day or two. That's often the way the weather travels. I hope it will this time, too.

    I hope you feel better soon.






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to the sun. Just woke up to another gray misty day. Grrr!!!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! I’m so sorry that the senior expo was a bust! What a shame!!!!!

    I’m ready for some sunny weather too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed, but I learned not to do it again. Not to that one at least.

      Delete
  8. So sorry that the expo wasn't good.

    I do like your jewellery.

    We've had some sunny days I will try and send them over to you!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete