Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday Roundup

Good Friday morning.  Another busy week for me.  Monday went to the center.  Wellness class was fun.  It was about old photographs and the emotions that come up when we look at them.  We were all told to gather up some old photos if we have them and bring them next week.  

Later that day we made small pizzas out of Pillsbury biscuits.  They were so good, but not so good for getting on the scale this week.  Will definitely make them in the future.

Stayed in and made rice and beans on Tuesday.  I always like to cook ahead.

On Wednesday we had our first Mindfulness class and it was awesome.  Our leader is a yoga instructor and a Reiki healer. While we were meditating she walked around the room stopping at each of us to perform Reiki. This is the first time I experienced Reiki, and I have to say, when she laid her hand on my shoulders I felt an energy that went right to my toes. Hard to explain what it felt like. Then the second time she came around she just circled her hands above my head, and no lie, I felt my hair reaching up for her hands.  Now I am ready to pick up my Reiki classes once again. I have been attuned to Level 1, but never went on from there.  After that experience, I am so looking forward to attending the classes.

The front of our building in full bloom.  So pretty.

I have to say this the ringing in my ears the night and morning  after my Reiki session was a lot less and still is this morning. Not healed, but lower in tone. Almost undetectable, but there if I focus on it.

Yesterday was WW day and I faced the music.  Can't run away forever or else I'll be up over 200 pounds again.  So I knew it was going to happen. I was prepared for it. I gained 2.6 pounds this month. On the positive side, I only have to lose 1.6 to get back under goal.  I can do it.  Just have to set my mind to it.  All prepared as well.  Just received a box full of WW snacks I had ordered.  Snacking is my downfall so I am keeping myself surrounded by low point snacks.

Today I am heading out to a senior expo.  Lots of health related topics.  Looking forward to it.  It's over at 12:30 so we'll catch Assess a Ride and head on over for our jewelry class.  Long, interesting day ahead.

Have a wonderful weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Yes! You can do it and get yourself back under goal!!!!

    The front of your building is so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely plan to stay on track. I don't need peanut butter sandwiches at night.

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear that you are picking up your reiki training again. It is such an awesome technique! And so very much to learn and study.

    Yes, weight has always been a touchy problem with my system and I completely get what you are going through. It is an ongoing issue for me as well. But you will get it under control again. I have never been able to keep my weight down for a very long period of time before I gain it all back again - I just have never figured out that "happy medium" diet I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realize now that the reason I am having so many problems on maintenance is that there is no goal aside from maintaining. When I was still in losing stage I was working towards goal and that spurred me on.

      Delete
  3. Your building looks beautiful with those gorgeous flowers! To bad that the vacant lot next door is so disgusting!
    I am so happy to hear that you are into your Reiki classes again.
    You will lose the pound or so that you gained.
    Have a wonderful day~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those flower bushes are so pretty. Last year we had beautiful sunflowers next door that grew among all that mess. They came and plowed them down. Grrr!!!!

      Delete
  4. oh i'm so intrigued by your reiki experience!! i want to know more.
    Those flowers are gorgeous and so the building. You keep yourself busy young lady! Your class with the old pictures sounds so interesting as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love that new mindfulness class. It's the one day during the week that I shut off all the stressors and enjoy.

      Delete
  5. It does indeed sound like a busy and productive week.
    Love those flowers and am definitely looking forward to hearing more about your reiki journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very busy week, but keeping busy is what keeps me going. I get so depressed when I am forced to stay in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds as if it's been a great week for you, I'm pleased.
    The front of your building does look good, those blooms are such a wonderful colour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those bushes are so pretty. And there is a tree nearby that has a sweet perfume smell. So nice to step outside in the spring.

      Delete
  8. I've achieved so much learning to meditate. And I'm just a beginner, really (only at it for less than 2 years.) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meditation is so healing. There are times that I can and times that there is too much on my mind. Going to try to do it more often.

      Delete
  9. I love that your mindfulness classes are enjoyable! I hope the senior's expo was lovely too! Oh, and the front of your building looks so spring-ish and delightful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the senior expo was a flop. At one point, I was almost in tears.

      Delete